Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Arnica Gel vs. Tiger Balm vs. Icy Hot Patches

This is a discussion on Arnica Gel vs. Tiger Balm vs. Icy Hot Patches within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Happy Friday! Can anyone give me feedback on their preference for using any of the above for DOMS? I specifically ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NinjaMom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 06:17 AM
carol d.'s Profile Fields

Default Arnica Gel vs. Tiger Balm vs. Icy Hot Patches

Happy Friday!

Can anyone give me feedback on their preference for using any of the above for DOMS? I specifically need to target my lower back and quads, if that makes a difference on what to use.

Just looking for alternatives to pounding the Aleve and Advil all the time.

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Cathlete
NinjaMom's Profile Fields

I use both Arnica gel and Bio-Freeze for muscle soreness and both provide temporary relief. I like that Arnica gel does not have menthol so there is no smell and it works well for areas like the groin since it doesn't burn or creep. Bio-Freeze contains arnica plus menthol for a cooling affect and does has a smell to it.

HTH
Swimmer likes this.

"Live each day with the energy of your full potential" Sean O'Malley-Cardio Coach (R.I.P.)
STS (4x) and P90X (3x) Graduate!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:05 PM
backpackingmom's Profile Fields

I use arnica and also another ointment called Penetrex. I got both on amazon. I have rheumatoid arthritis so I use this stuff a lot! But still pop the Motrin like today after gym style legs last night. Good luck!!!