Apple Ideas

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
Took the young ' uns to pick apples this afternoon. Such a tough job I have.
Now that I have oodles of apples, any ideas what I can do with some of them? We will be making applesauce tomorrow & probably some apple butter. Looking for different ideas/recipes.
Thanks!!

My kids...

Love an apple cut up and microwaved for about 2 min til it's soft. Top w/ yogurt & granola and it's like an apple crisp! Yummy!

Chop it and add it to your oatmeal before you cook it. Enjoy making applesauce... yum!

I love apples! Wish my dh weren't allergic to them!

Jess

Baked apples (more or less core them, except for a 'bottom' you leave in, and fill with a bit of sweetener, and or chopped raisins and dates, cinnamon, then bake at 350 until they are soft).

Apple crisp...yummy!

"Caramel apple salad": chopped apples, dates and walnuts.

Hey Tami,

You went today? I better get out there.

Apple Pies- I make a bunch of different types and freeze them for the holidays. If you bake them a bit they freeze better, then finish baking when you are ready to serve them.

Apple Crisp- Well that's a given.

Applesauce in a crockpot is a breeze.

Let 'em get mushy and chuck it at someone.;)

HTH

Let 'em get mushy and chuck it at someone.;)

HTH[/quote]

I like that one the best!!!!!!!!!
My brother and I used to do this when we were in middle school!
Thanks for the laugh!

baked apples, applesauce, apple pie, apple crisp, apple fritters, pork/apple stir fry, turkey polish sausage cooked with apples, grilled apples, homemade apple cider/juice (mmmmm), apple pancakes, baked apple pancakes, pork roast with baked apples and sweet taters, sweet taters and apples, apple cranberry sauce/chutney, turkey with stuffing w/ apples and craisins/cranberries, peanut butter and apples, apple cake, caramel apples, candied apples, grilled apples, taffy apple salad, chopped green apples in coleslaw (yum!), apples and cheese, apples and cheese on crackers, thin sliced apples turkey spinach on wheat tortilla, carmel apple dessert pizza, salad w/ spinach diced apples raspberries walnuts feta and raspberry vinagrette, apple bread

I think that's all I've got,
Nan

PS - I feel like Forest Gump "fried shrimp, coconut shrimp...."

What is it with all the food talk lately?!??!:D:D:D
You gals are NOT helping me keep my pregnancy weight down!!!:p

WOW Nan, you sure know apples!! So many great ideas.

Mellissa D ~
We started going up near Watkins Glen last year (closer for us). Before that we went to Penn Yann. Where do you go? We are early in the season so you still have plenty of time. I cannot believe how flavorful the apples are. Does not even compare to a store bought one, so much better!!

Peel, slice, freeze them for apple protein smoothie...One cup of ice, one cup apple slices, 1 cup water, 1 scoop of vanilla protein, dash of cinnamon, blend. Or you could add a banana for apple/banana smoothie. I love fruit/protein smoothies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.