Is anyone on Yasmin bc pills?

aila212

Cathlete
I will be starting it in a few weeks. Would you mind sharing your thoughts? One of the reasons I chose to go on it was for my mild acne. The Ortho-tri just didn't work out for me. I had mood swings, bloatiness etc.
Any info would be appreciated:)

hi Aila!

I've been on Yasmin for about two years. My doc switched me to it for the same mood swings and bloating you described. The only concern - and one I have not confirmed with my doctor - is that it has lessened my sex drive a bit. Sorry if that;s TMI!! Good luck, Sparrow

I took them at some point. I don't do well on BC pills anyway- lots of moodiness, I gain about 5 pounds, etc. I stopped them altogether.

Wait that doesn't help does it. Sorry!!! (backs slowly out of thread to mind her own business)

HI Aila, I was on Yasmin 28 for about three years. It really did work well for me. It controlled cramps and mensturation very well and I wasn't affected too much by mood swings.
Although, I can be a bit of a crab sometimes anyway.

I ended up stoping my use last month because it just was too strong for me according to my doctor. I've lost about 30 pounds over the past 9 several months and my body was reacting poorly to the pill with lots of break through bleeding and such.

It is a great pill though.

Aila,

I have been taking Yasmin for about a year now. I switched when the Ortho I had been taking was no longer covered by my insurance. I have been very happy with the Yasmin. No bad side effects at all.

I may be in the minority here but I LOATHE Yasmin. I was on it for a month and a half. All I can say is it made me a totally different person. I had headaches all the time, was VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY moody for 6 weeks straight, eyes were all blood shot and I was SO tired. I stopped taking it and went back on ortho. I felt better but weight wasn't coming off so I switched to the ring. I LOVE the ring. Now I'm not on any BC as I'm having trouble losing weight while on it so I've been off for a month now and will be off for a couple more months to see if my weight will come off faster. I wish you a lot of luck and I hope it works for you.

Lisa

I love Yasmin! I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to take birth control pills and have had terrible breast pain, and cramping but Yasmin lessens by period to 4 days with very light flow and nominal breast tendernesss.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.