Anyone watch Primetime last night?

gidget1978

Cathlete
This show made me realize how much I love these "thick, short" legs of mine:) :) I missed a little bit of it but the show was about people who want their legs amputated.And they were having trouble finding Dr's to do the procedure...Ya think?:eek:
No doubt, there must be some sort of chemcial imbalance for people to want to part with their limbs and become a slave to the wheelchair.
They interviewed one lady who wrapped herself in dry ice ( i think) with hopes of damaging her leg enough that a Dr in Scotland would remove it.But it didn't happen the way she wanted it to.
There was also another guy who actually had the surgery done.After he had his legs amputated he wanted his left hand gone as well.In the end he had treatment for his " body integrity indentity disorder" and he was sorry for having his legs amputated.
Just wondering if anyone else seen the show.There are so many disorders out there...its a wonder some of us are normal.
Lori:)

Wow, how sad :-( I didn't see the show, but heard about it. Wonder what makes one want to be rid of their body parts?? I don't like parts of me, but I certainly wouldn't want to amputate anything. I know these people are mentally ill. But what's behind it? Where does it start?

Catherine

I saw it, Lori. I had never heard of such a thing. I thought it was sad that the one guy recovered with therapy and anti-depressants, but it was too late for his legs. I hope the others people get treatment as well. I would think that when you KNOW your problem is wrong, you would seek professional help! Especially something that wrong ...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.