Is ANYONE staying on track....

...this season?? I am seeing threads and posts about the Holiday's and how the season has so many eating nothing but crap for months.

Let's hear from those who are staying on track with their diet and keeping up on their workouts! Share your methods!

I haven't been staying on my workouts (boo-hoo), but I'm eating fine. I have no sweet tooth at all, so the more cookies, cakes, etc. I see, the more grossed out I get. I've managed to have no parties or anything either. I'm eating cleaner right now than ever.

I started a 4-month rotation Nov 1, with help from Amy Bento, and I have been doing it faithfully for 8 weeks so far. I am concentrating on 2 day upper body workouts, and 1 day lower body, both using heavy weights (as opposed to endurance-type workouts), 3 intense cardios, 1 Kelly Coffey-Myer type workout (as in Cardio Sculpt and NYC), and 6-7 days of Classical Stretch. I have 3 weeks on and 1 recovery week. Before, I would just pick workouts willy nilly. By following a set routine with a purpose, I finally have lost the pesky stuborn pounds that have held on for dear life the past 3 years. I am seeing muscle definition and flat abs. I am so excited about the results that my eating habits have also fallen in line sort of automatically. I gave up sugar in November, and have not had any sweets (except what is in normal foods), since.
While following the same theme for the next 8 weeks, I am switching up some of my DVDs to keep it fresh. I think I could stay with this rotation for a long time, I like it so well. Thanks for asking. :)

Glad you asked, because I'm pretty much on track. :)

I've missed a couple of workouts, and I've eaten a few goodies I don't normally eat. This is typical for me this time of year, and I have no regrets.

My secret: (1) I LOVE to work out. (2) I HATE how it feels to overeat.

Sorry I don't have a more interesting plan, but this works for me.

My eating goes off now and again but hey, nobody's perfect. That happens to me during non-holiday times so it's no biggie. My work outs are on spot though. I haven't gained a pound so far and feel great! Yay for me!:)

I've actually been doing pretty good, except for yesterday, which was my family Christmas celebration. I've had a cookie here and there, but other than that, I've been eating as I normally do. And my workouts have been on track too.

Hi Sarah! It's good to *see* you again. Let's just say I've had worst Decembers and leave it at that;). I'm not so far off track that I can't get it back in about a week or so.

I never try to be perfect in my eating, because for me that just drives me straight into disaster. I obsesss, and then food in no fun anymore.

I ate cheesecake, greenbean casserole, quiche, and all the normal wonderful stuff, but I didn't gorge myself, I stopped when I was full, and I made sure I had some plain steam veggies on the side to counteract some of it. Tonight is leftover quiche and casserole, but I'll make sure I have a BIG helping of broccoli and corn to go with it! :)

As far as workouts, I'm being more CONSISTENT! (right, Gayle?!) ;)

Hi,

I'm still on track. All total, junk wise, I've probably eaten the equivalent of 3 cookies, a small serving of apple cobbler, and a small piece of cake, since Thanksgiving. I do have a sweet tooth, but summer before last, I gained a few pounds when we went to New Zealand and all I ate was chocolate because the food was so bad. After working SO hard to get that off, the goodies aren't as appealing. Plus I have food alergies, so that is another deterant. We had both meals at my house, so I had control over the food and cooked pretty healthy.

There is some black walnut cake in the fridge, which was delicious, but I'll probably toss it in the trash tonight. That's my strategy and luckily my DH and two sons are conscious of their weight. I've trained them well, and they will also throw goodies in the trash.

I haven't missed a workout, but my kids are older and I think that makes a difference.

Tracy

Just before Halloween, I decided I was going to make it straight through New Year's without eating in a manner that made me feel like crap! I avoided every speck of Hallowen candy with great success! Thanksgiving came and I did have some pumpkin pie but no over indulging. Christmas is here and while I may have had more Chinese food than I needed last night, I still consider myself to be on track! My DH's birthday came and went and I never touched the birthday cake(s) that were here...nor the ice cream.

My goal is to make it to January 2nd without feeling like I need to "get back on track" and get busy reversing a ANY damage!

If I could have a few treats and move on...I would!!!! But I can't! So I have decided I would much rather "deprive" myself of the processed and the sweetened and **indulge** in a season full of feeling fit and strong!!! It feels so much better than the alternative!

I don't think I'm doing too bad as I tend to eat relatively small portians anyway, but I have been taking in more junk than normal, especially since everyone in my family has been cooking and baking up a storm!

However, I have been staying on track with my workouts, doing about 2 hours of strength and aerobic exercise each day to compensate for any excess calorie-intake! Christmas Day was my "rest day", which is when I did most of the eating, so I pushed myself during exercise especially hard yesterday with PLB and BM2 "Cardio Blast Premix". :)

It's actually much easier for me to stick to working out regularly than eating really clean.

Nope, not at all. It started with a 12 hour visit to the ER that has kept me on a roller coaster of worrying about my mom who has been ill. I envy those who can say they have stuck to the program, whatever that is. I have everything in order to give it go fresh and anew tomorrow. Here's to 5:00 am workouts (blech!) and packing my cooler everyday.

Thanks! She is getting better but I have learned to take it one day at at time. I have come to conclusion that any day could be an ER day and it's a great one when it is not. In the meantime, I have been trying to devise ways to get workouts in, even on crazy days, and to the best of my ability, avoid the crappy food. I don't mind indulging a truly tasty whatever, but lately I have found myself eating things that are unhealthy and quite frankly offer little satisfaction (and btw hospital food is absolutely appalling!). So, I'll be looking to the rest of you on track people to get me back on track! ;-)

^5 to everyone keeping on track and goodluck to all trying to renew fitness commitments in the new year.

I have stayed on track and am feeling better than ever. Not sure what exactly clicked. I've never followed Cathe's rotations until November's, and I'm totally hooked on them now. I just finished Dec's tonight. One thing that has been hugely helpful is drinking TONS of water. Sometimes I feel like I'm practically drowning myself, but I feel so good when I keep hydrated.

Good luck to all in the new year!

Y'all knew I was kidding right?:7 Actually I kept up with workouts really well, its such a habit and my lifestyle is pretty laid back, that was good! I just envy you runners, whatta great way to stay in shape, nothing leans you out better. My knees and hips do not think so....although I did try a jog the other day and woke up with a shin splint.

As far as "bad foods". Stuffing at Thanksgiving and gravy. A little fudge, a little wine-well maybe alot of wine:p Oh, but what fun..haven't gained or lost, holdin' steady kids.

Beavs,take care of yourself. Not sure whats going on with your mom, but I hope all is well.

I have!! Not perfect, but pretty darn good!! I didn't eat ONE piece of my dd's Halloween candy, I had a piece of pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving, and just had 1 of my MIL's homemade turtles & a small piece of fudge on Christmas. I can't tell you how many batches of cookies I made w/out licking the batter, Christmas dessert tables I passed up, movie popcorn I resisted......

As for keeping up w/ the workouts, it's just routine for me. I love to work out and HATE missing it so I get up early. I even got up early Christmas morning for a 6.5 mile run. I just feel better when I'm working out and it's actually easier for me to pass up the junk knowing how hard I'm working.

But... I have had years past when I've eaten WAY too much junk and gained a good 5 lbs. I did NOT want that to happen this year so I was really careful & just avoided the junk!

Staying on track with the workouts is easy for me, it is the eating that is difficult. I will tighten up the eating after the holidays...

"So I have decided I would much rather "deprive" myself of the processed and the sweetened and **indulge** in a season full of feeling fit and strong!!! It feels so much better than the alternative!"

Sarah-Those two statements are going to help me stay on track. Thanks.

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.