Anyone starting p90 x tomorrow??

wendypa

Cathlete
I'm getting ready to start my official p90x rotation tomorrow. I've had it for a couple weeks and have done some dvd's off and on from it, but due to our vacation held off on following the rotation.
Looking for some "buddies" support for the rotation.
:)

Wendy

Hi Wendy,
I started the rotation a few weeks back and then school took over my life :) . I am ready to start again tommorow and keep going. I would love to have/give support.

Sabine

I started this morning. I am doing the Lean Rotation and did Core Syn this morning. Would be nice to have a check in.

Wendy, Sabine how did it go today with the workout?

I am also thinking about adding in another 30 minute cardio on weight days since I do need the cardio.

Rhonda

I started this morning as well. Did chest and back and ab ripper x.
Also trying clean eating (at least for now!).

I'm doing the classic rotation. Tomorrow, plyo x.

How about you sabine? did you start today?

How very frutuitous since I just started the classic rotation yesterday. I am doing the classic rotation, So yesterday was chest and back, and I am feeling it in areas where I did not know muscle existed. This Am was Plyometrics- fun workout.
Tomarrow is shoulders and arms. Also my core is so sore from the ab ripper and I did not even make it all the way through it.
I would love to join this check in to keep motivated and try to eat clean as well!

Do any of you use protein bars/shakes? If so, what brand do you like? I have tried several and just cannot get one that tastes good. I figured I need to get the bars/shakes in because just looking at today I am getting no where near the protein I should be getting. Any ideas on protein rich food?
Rhonda

I asked this same question in an earlier post.
The responses were varied.
I have balance bars and power bars which I eat half of prior to my workout since I workout first thing in the morning.
I had previously bought protein powder and when I am home I usually make a shake with nonfat yogurt, nonfat milk and a frozen banana with protein powder and I could mix this with some apple juice if I wanted to make it more of a recovery drink.
Protein wise, I have eggbeater omlet with veggies in the am, either salmon, tuna or chicken at lunch and dinner usually lentils, chickpeas, or chicken with vegetables. I sometimes make salmon cakes to add variety to lunch, but I found this added too many carbs for my phase 1 diet ( probably better for phase 2 where there are more carbs). I also eat yogurt and cottage cheese as snacks.
I do want to try some of the recipes in the p90x book, but I have not had a chance yet.

I know i definately don't get enough protein. I don't use protein powder at all (yet, i'm thinking of trying it). I eat alot of veggie burger products as i don't really like meat. I eat alot of cottage cheese fat free, eggs for breakfast, but it looks like these are counted as dairy in the p90x diet plan.
I always subbed these for proteins when i did body for life.

Anyway, will be looking forward to checking in with you all!

Hi, I'd love to join the P90X starter group:) I started ... 4 or 5 days ago, got to KenpoX today and didnt like that one at all! I just turned it off after the kicks section. I did a step workout instead. I've loved the rest of them though.

Hi everyone,

Today I did CardioX. I liked the cardio portion and not to keen on the yoga warmup. I think there should have been more cardio, do I may go home and do a spinning workout.

I am quite sore today and it has to be the Core Syn workout I didn't yesterday. Lower abs and outer chest are sore which I can figure out why. My problem is my butt and hamstrings are also sore but not quite sure which exercises did that. I don't mind a little soreness, I know I worked hard.

Hope everyone has a great workout. Tomorrow is shoulders and arms for me along with Ab ripperX which most likely will be the evening workout.

Rhonda

Hello everyone,
I did shoulders and arms this morning -good workout. I did only parts of ab ripper since I was so sore from doing it 2 days ago. I may need to split it up and do it at night ( I usually work out in the morning).
Sorry you didn't like kenpo ducky- that's coming up Friday for me for the firt time.
Rhonda, I don't do Cardio X in my rotation yet ( that is why I did not do the lean rotation since there was so much cardio X, rather than plyometrics- maybe you can sub that instead).
I am trying to my hardest to stick to the diet.
I find Tony motivational in the sense that he reminds you to eat well.
This morning I had trouble getting up and I pictured Tony proding me to get up and get to work (LOL).

Can I join in? I am going to start tomorrow morning. My rotation will be Lean. However, I am going to change and add some. The Cardio X and Kenpo will be replaced by Plyometrics and KPC. I am going to add 30 minutes of Cathe's cardio after the Core Syn and Shoulder and Arms day.

I never been on rotation before.
Let's hope I can stick to the program. :)

Babybird

Welcome. I am doing the lean rotation and today was day two. Still trying to tweak the eating and using Fitday.com to log everything in.

Rhonda

I did plyo x this evening and really feel like i got a great workout!
That workout is sneaky, i start out strong, and by the time i get to the rock star hops, my legs are barely getting off the ground.

tomorrow, shoulders and arms. Think i may sub in a different ab workout though.

Did shoulders and arms today. Tonight will be ab ripper X. This was the first time with shoulders and arms and I was using 8s and 10s. Hoping to up the weights next time to 12s and 15s but we will see. I can feel my bis now especially when I straighten my arms. The tris and shoulders are doing good now, not sure if I will get DOMs in them or not.

Rhonda

Hello everyone,
I did the yoga x this AM-1 did about a hour and 10 min.
The end of the yoga was very challenging esp since I have never really done yoga before.
I did a few of the balance poses but I ran out of time and had to get ready for work. This was a nice change of pace that my body appreciated.
I am not getting enough protein in my diet so I am adding protein powder to my milk with dinner and I caved and ordered the recovery drink.
Rhonda, that is great that you are using 8# and 10#. I took it easy the first time I did and I think I need to up the weight for my triceps to 8# from the 5# I was using.
Tomarrow is legs and back.
Have fun everyone!

I did shoulders and arms tonight. I just love this workout.
THis is like the third or fourth time i've done it (i hadn't started and actual "rotation" yet), and each time i like it better.
Like it the most with the "tony off" option. Cues and music only.
I really feel like my arms are pumped tonight.

tomorrow, yoga of some sort. Think i'll do Bryan Kest. I am not crazy about yoga X.

Wendy

Last night I did AbRipperX and what a workout. I thought I would be sore today because I was so fatigued in my core/ab area after the workout. Hubby said after just seeing some of that workout that this maybe something he would like to try. It wouldn't be til the colder weather hits because he is alway doing something outside when he gets home. If he workouts it is usually in the evening, not morning like me. He did Body for Life with me a couple years ago but after the 12 weeks were done, he stopped. He tried to pick up running last year but he didn't last long with that. So maybe he will like this, since he did like Body for Life but trying to figure out exercises on your own is difficult and P90X is all set up for you. I hope he does, it would do him good.

This morning I did part YogaX. Not sure how much I will do this tape. I don't care for all the vinyasas in the first half. I have to be careful because I have tendonitis in my wrist and to many planks,downward dogs, etc really starts to act it up. So I did probably half of the vinyasas and then just came up to a standing pose for the rest of them. I stopped the tape after a couple of the balance poses because I had to get ready for work. I plan on finishing the balance poses tonight and I think I will like the balance pose section the best so I plan on doing that but the first part I will sub something for. I know yoga is good but I have to be careful don't need the tendonitis to act up, then I won't be able to do anything.

I've rambled on enough, hope everyone has a good day
Rhonda

>>This morning I did part YogaX. Not sure how much I will do
>this tape. I don't care for all the vinyasas in the first
>half. I have to be careful because I have tendonitis in my
>wrist and to many planks,downward dogs, etc really starts to
>act it up. >
>I've rambled on enough, hope everyone has a good day
>Rhonda

The same think with my wrists Rhonda. I don't have tendonitis, but i have a bit of carpal tunnel, and my wrists were aching after about 20 minutes of this yoga. Today i came home late from work planning on doing some yoga. DH wanted to go out for dinner since it was later and we were both hungry. Bad idea, i ate all the wrong foods.
So when we came home i took a quick run (less than 20 minutes). Better than nothing, but tomorrow i'll pick up with legs and back.

How about everyone else?
Wendy

Hi Guys-
I did ab ripper this morning and did legs and back this afternoon.
I really liked the leg work- what a nice change from squats and regular lunges. I think my legs respond better to this not weighted work than the usual stuff, that is why I really liked Cathe's L&G.
I strained my lower back, I think I need to do some planks or the like along with ab ripper (Cathe usually balances core work with lower back which has kept me free of low back pain).

Kenpo tomarrow, we will see how much I like it, but I figure I can at least do it for 3 wks in a row before I start subbing other things if I don't like it.

Well I am trying to up my protein intake and trying to eat as clean as possible. Wendy, don't worry about the dinner too much, just get back into tomarrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.