Anyone seen the infomercial for the sauna belt?

Boybert

Cathlete
okay, this is one of the most hilarious gadgets I've ever seen. it's like a heating pad you wrap around your core and melt the pounds away! Well hallelujah there is an easy solution after all!!! LOL. To think I was trying to eat healthy and exercise. Where have I been? The steam room, maybe??

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

Lordy not another one. Hey, do you think if you wear the sauna belt while you use the ab lounge you'll lose twice as much weight? :p

Oh & don't forget, Denise Austin says eat your potatoes! (OK Denise Austin on TV hawking potatoes is just enough reason for me to never eat another potato again :+ )

Do not get me started on the Velforme Sauna Belt!

What a POS this item is. I think the creaters of this product should be shot!

While the claim that you can burn more calories wearing this stupid belt than you can with proper diet and exercise is sheer fallicy, what bothers me is that, for some, this product could be dangerous. My mother has an irregular heart beat and has been told to avoid overheating herself (blood thins out too much, and it goes from there). If she used this, she could be putting herself at risk.

Not to mention that the commercial shows people wearing this belt while playing ping pong, cooking dinner, watching TV. If you sweated as much as the commercial claims you do, the sweat would be flying everywhere and your furniture would have HUGE sweat stains. Imagine the stench that would create!

All I can say is UGH and can the FTC please remove this hogwash from the air.

>okay, this is one of the most hilarious gadgets I've ever
>seen. it's like a heating pad you wrap around your core and
>melt the pounds away!

I'm relieved! I thought for a moment you were seriously going to ask if it works!

If fat could be "melted" away, I'd have a skinny left side, because I sit next to a space heater on cold days, and sometimes it gets a bit too toasty. So far, I have not noticed any "melted" fat!

Denise Austin (real reputable, right?) used to sell some kind of sauna belt on QVC (no heat added, just a neoprene? belt). She kept wanting to say that it helps you lose inches, and the hosts always had to reel her back in, because they were careful about only stating proven results. (And, yes, you can lose some inches, until you take in fluids again, then they will all be replaced!).

There is a heated belt thing being sold on TV for back pain. That would actually have some effect (by loosening tight lower back muscles.)

I'm waiting for those "lost the fat by jiggling it away" belt machines like they used to have in "health clubs" many years ago. If it can melt away, it certainly should jiggle away as well, right? (or maybe combine the two, so it melts and jiggly,,,but that sounds very messy, as all the melted fat would be flying all over the room..."Clean up...aisle 2!")

Speaking of easy solutions, did anyone see the commercial for the pills which are "guaranteed to work WITHOUT ANY LIFESTYLE CHANGES." Emphasis as provided - in all of the testimonials, everyone makes the point that they didn't have to do anything but take the pills! I can't remember the name of the pills, but I cringe whenever this commercial comes on.

Marie

>Ummmmmmmm... wait.... you mean, this doesn't work? DAMN!
>
>*runs off to cancel order*

Awww, crap, now I'll have to cancel my order too! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.