anyone not following the insanity rotation?

i am going to miss doing upper body and yoga.i plan on starting p90x today but do
chest back
insanity
shoulders and arms
yogax
cathe circuit or insanity and add in pullups
kb

cardio every day is too much for me since i work sales floor and i need a break

laura

i'm not doing it. i'm incorporating insanity into my weekly workouts (2-3 days per week) with other lifting and cardio. i would get too burnt out and bored just doing insanity.

I plan to use Insanity as a 2-3 day add on for the winter months but for now I'm doing the program as recommended.
It's hard, there is no question about that but you can't argue with the results. Shaun said it was named Insanity for how insanely quick you lose weight on the program.
I can tell you, 10 days into the program the scale says I've lost 4lbs. That's a lot for me because I'm starting out pretty lean.
I'm happy since I'm going to the beach in 2 weeks:cool:

Cynthia, didn't you add in 4-day split weights....how is that going?

Yes, I am finishing up week 2. The 4DS works great with the Insanity program. I considered removing the lower body but I kept it in just going very light with the weights. There are push-ups and tricep dips in Insanity but they are a warm-up compared to Cathe's STS so the added weights work for me.:)

I was reading about the upper body workout that came with the Insanity deluxe package. It sounds a lot like Cathe's pyramid UP only.
I was thinking about switching to that but I'm really digging working one/two body parts a day.
Next week I plan to switch up to Cross Train Express.

I plan to use Insanity as a 2-3 day add on for the winter months but for now I'm doing the program as recommended.
It's hard, there is no question about that but you can't argue with the results. Shaun said it was named Insanity for how insanely quick you lose weight on the program.
I can tell you, 10 days into the program the scale says I've lost 4lbs. That's a lot for me because I'm starting out pretty lean.
I'm happy since I'm going to the beach in 2 weeks:cool:

I'm not following the rotation for a number of reasons, primarily the fact that I just can never stick to a rotation AND I wanted to use Insanity to increase the variety and challenge of my current schedule, not to replace it. I'm gonna do a different Insanity or Insanity mish-mosh every Sunday and Wednesday until I've plowed through them all, do some other boot-camp, step and hi/lo style cardio for the next couple weeks after that, then go back to Shaun.

Although I don't weigh myself, I'm a bit like Cynthia in that, even after only two sessions this past week (which included Insanity cardio AND Insane Abs - an instant favorite - as well as Cardio Abs) my torso is significantly leaner. I can feel it in my skirts, shorts and pants, and that's gotta count for somethin'.

A-Jock

Oh please stop the temptation talk already! :p:D;)
The more I read, the more I think I might have to join the INSANITY!
? ~ how advanced do you have to be? I don't use Cathe's step workouts because I just can not ever get the footwork down...I have 3 left feet!:eek: I do spin class 4 times a week and run 3-4 times a week, approx 5-9 miles at a time. Is it significantly *worse* than P90X plyometrics? I feel relatively cardio fit but that one does kick my a** big time!
Thanks! (i think :cool:)

Becky

Like Cynthia, I have also lost 4 pounds and I am 8 days into the program. I am one happy camper because I needed to shock my system into dropping about 10 pounds total.... this perimenapausal weight gain I have been going through has been a bummer.
I think in my case changing up my eating habits to 5 equal meal/snacks about 3 hours apart as recommended in the nutririon guide has made a huge difference.
Like Annette, my midsection is noticeable tighter and I have noticed my obliques are "talking to me" since starting this program... something unusual for my since I am a yoga ans Pilates instructor.

Oh please stop the temptation talk already! :p:D;)
The more I read, the more I think I might have to join the INSANITY!
? ~ how advanced do you have to be? I don't use Cathe's step workouts because I just can not ever get the footwork down...I have 3 left feet!:eek: I do spin class 4 times a week and run 3-4 times a week, approx 5-9 miles at a time. Is it significantly *worse* than P90X plyometrics? I feel relatively cardio fit but that one does kick my a** big time!
Thanks! (i think :cool:)

Becky

i think they are definately worse than plyo from P90X. By the looks of your fitness level you should be totally fine doing them but it will challenge you to your max. i'm going to temp you more by saying "you should get them"

I am doing 3 insanity workouts a week and STS Meso 2 legs and meso 3 upper body. And 1 day SS run at the gym.

Has anyone done cardio recovery? I started to preview it and it seem like stretching so I skipped it. I figured I am alternating weight work so I don't need the cardio recovery.

chrissy

My Insanity is still on its way (I live in France and my mom is bringing it next Friday since BB doesn't ship internationally). Anyway, my husband and I plan to do Insanity as planned. We have a cruise coming up in December that we'd both like to lose some weight for and want to see what kind of results we get with this. I know I'll get bored doing the same thing but I'm determined to stick it out and see what happens.

Cynthia, I'm so encouraged by your weight loss - I would be thrilled to lose 4 pounds and 8 would be even better. But, if I lose that much, that would be as thin as I could get I think so I'd be happy!

I'll be interested to see "real" people results when the first 60 days are up!

I'm mostly anxious to get the nutrition guide because I think that is what is going to make the most difference for me. I'm nutrition-defunct.

So, I continue to wait impatiently for insanity...

My Insanity is still on its way (I live in France and my mom is bringing it next Friday since BB doesn't ship internationally). Anyway, my husband and I plan to do Insanity as planned. We have a cruise coming up in December that we'd both like to lose some weight for and want to see what kind of results we get with this. I know I'll get bored doing the same thing but I'm determined to stick it out and see what happens.

Cynthia, I'm so encouraged by your weight loss - I would be thrilled to lose 4 pounds and 8 would be even better. But, if I lose that much, that would be as thin as I could get I think so I'd be happy!

I'll be interested to see "real" people results when the first 60 days are up!

I'm mostly anxious to get the nutrition guide because I think that is what is going to make the most difference for me. I'm nutrition-defunct.

So, I continue to wait impatiently for insanity...

I think your really going to like the nutrition program that comes with Insanity. Its simple, delicious and clean. It has a lot of recepies and add ons if you need more cals.

I usually have to cut my starchy carbs out to get the last few pounds but I'm losing without removing them. I like how my body is responding to these workouts. I feel super energized too :D I'm going to save this series for summer months. It really does kick things up a notch!
I plan to do another round of STS after insanity, and hopefully have the STS cardio by then.;)

I am doing 3 insanity workouts a week and STS Meso 2 legs and meso 3 upper body. And 1 day SS run at the gym.

Has anyone done cardio recovery? I started to preview it and it seem like stretching so I skipped it. I figured I am alternating weight work so I don't need the cardio recovery.

chrissy

Chrissy,

I've finished my 1st full week of the Insanity rotation today and on Thursday I did the Cardio Recovery workout as scheduled and it was a PLEASANT workout and "much needed"!! I enjoyed it and I will continue to do it as scheduled!

I've lost 2 lbs already and hope to continue to lose like this---this is INSANE! (sorry, couldn't resist! :))

Denise

Thanks a lot you horrible enablers! :p;):D I just ordered it! BUT i DID resist the temptation to upgrade to the Deluxe!
Becky

Becky, I hate to do this to you, but Insane Abs in the Deluxe Package is Da Bomb. And even the warm-up in Max Interval Sports Training is a puffer-and-panter-and-sweater.

IMHO, we all need to do everything we can to train up to Shock Cardio, and Insanity fits the bill perfectly.

*resistance is futile*

*you will be assimilated*

A-Jock

Becky, I hate to do this to you, but Insane Abs in the Deluxe Package is Da Bomb. And even the warm-up in Max Interval Sports Training is a puffer-and-panter-and-sweater.

IMHO, we all need to do everything we can to train up to Shock Cardio, and Insanity fits the bill perfectly.

*resistance is futile*

*you will be assimilated*

A-Jock

AAAHHHHHHHH! You just had to go there didn't you!!!! :D:D:D

For now I am doing STS in the mornings and Insanity in the afternoons. I will finish STS in November. Sooooo :eek: December and January will be insane. :p
I don't think I can do the PURE Insanity rotation. :eek: I can't live without Cathe. I am planing to do Insanity in the mornings and Cathe in the afternoons.
I already did all Insanity workouts and love them, but I am sure STS Cardio will be insane, too. I can't wait. :eek:

Timea

AAAHHHHHHHH! You just had to go there didn't you!!!! :D:D:D

And another thing . . . although I begged and pleaded and beat my (admittedly meager) breast (okay, okay, i posted once) for Cathe to throw a core routine or two into Shock Cardio, the answer was "not". So .............. you need Insane Abs because Shock Cardio won't have any (unless Travel Fit has something abby squirted in).

A-Jock

Ahhhh...enablers!! I am being soooo good and have put all my fitness purchases on hold till we have some money but these threads are *killing* me. I need to freeze my credit cards in a block of ice or something!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.