Anyone have a workout room at the office?

darli ann

Cathlete
The investment firm I work for just put in a brand spankin' new workout room with some really fine equipment. They spared no expense, it has several elipticals, top-of-the-line treadmill and recumbant bike, a huge weight machine and lots of free weights. I'm used to sweating and grunting in the privacy of my home and am not sure I want to work out with my co-workers! I'd like to use the cardio equipment (I only have a NordicTrack at home) for the variety, but still hesitate to wear shorts and tank tops and get sweaty with people I work with. Maybe I'll wait til the "newness" wears off and the room's not so crowded every night. What's my problem???? Just wondering, do any of you work out at work?

My job has a workout room and I love it!!!!! I don't have any problems getting sweaty around anyone....I cretainly dress differently at work as opposed to being in the comfort of my own home but it's all good.

Go ahead and use the workout room...that's what it's there for! And while you're at it...enjoy and reap the wonderful benefits it brings!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

My job has a workout room and I love it!!!!! I don't have any problems getting sweaty around anyone....I cretainly dress differently at work as opposed to being in the comfort of my own home but it's all good.

Go ahead and use the workout room...that's what it's there for! And while you're at it...enjoy and reap the wonderful benefits it brings!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/39583717.gif[/IMG][/URL]
(fitxme)
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

I am a member of a gym in my office building, not affliated with work, just in the same building downtown. However, since it is in the same building, my law firm is a pretty big percentage of the clientele. It is a little weird to wear tank tops and shorts around co-workers, but we all kind of ignore each other and just say hi and thats it. However, there are about 25 different treadmills to choose from, so if I don't want to run next to my boss, I pick another one. If this workout space is pretty small, I might be a little more uncomfortable. The worst part is the locker room - I have yet to see a co-worker naked, but my DH (who works at the same firm as me) has seen his boss in a towel before, ick!

I am a member of a gym in my office building, not affliated with work, just in the same building downtown. However, since it is in the same building, my law firm is a pretty big percentage of the clientele. It is a little weird to wear tank tops and shorts around co-workers, but we all kind of ignore each other and just say hi and thats it. However, there are about 25 different treadmills to choose from, so if I don't want to run next to my boss, I pick another one. If this workout space is pretty small, I might be a little more uncomfortable. The worst part is the locker room - I have yet to see a co-worker naked, but my DH (who works at the same firm as me) has seen his boss in a towel before, ick!

We have a regular fitness center. It's wonderful, and really cheap for the employees, retirees and spouses. About the only thing we don't have is a pool.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

We have a regular fitness center. It's wonderful, and really cheap for the employees, retirees and spouses. About the only thing we don't have is a pool.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

We have a gym in my office and I went there every morning for years (til discovering Cathe). It's really not bad if there are other folks into fitness (as opposed to those parasites who are just there hoping to impress management - very annoying and I used to crack up at how hard they would try to hang onto this one very highly ranked guy who kept blowing them off). I would check it out at different times during the day to see when is best.

Marie

We have a gym in my office and I went there every morning for years (til discovering Cathe). It's really not bad if there are other folks into fitness (as opposed to those parasites who are just there hoping to impress management - very annoying and I used to crack up at how hard they would try to hang onto this one very highly ranked guy who kept blowing them off). I would check it out at different times during the day to see when is best.

Marie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.