Anyone have a Nu-wave convection oven?

angie_nrs

Cathlete
I just caught the tail end of this informercial and was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with it. Is it worth the $$$$ and how does the food taste? Apparently it's supposed to use something like 85% less electricity than a regular oven and cook food from frozen to ready to eat in about a half hour. How great would that be???

Anywho....sounds a little too good to be true. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Angie

Angie-BF just got me the Nu Wave Infra Red oven. Is that the same thing? I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I've tried it out so many times since I got it, I could food the whole neighborhood! It's awesome. It's digital, and the built-in fan mechanism blows the hot air generated byt he infra red heating unit on the top...down, around and up under the food, to the food is cooking from all directions. I've made steak, fish (salmon and haddock), chicken, chicken nuggets, fish stix, pizza, french fries, baked sweet potatoes, etc in it and it's DELISH EACH time! It's great to reheat pizza without it getting soggy in the microwave.

ALl the food tasted DELISH! My sweet potato and the salmon were the BEST! You CAN overcook something in it, but just like with an oven if you watch it and set the timer, you're fine. I've cooked things from frozen and after being thawed and they're both just as good as the other.

I LOVE IT!

It's easy to clean too. It comes totally apart. I've started putting w layer of tin foil underneath the rack to catch the drippings so that I don't have to clean it as often. But if you do this, you have to secure it down or else the air flow makes it float up! lol

ANYWAY.........I LOVE IT! I've been wanting it for sometime, and I was expecting BF to get it for me. Good man! lol

Gayle

Hey Gayle thanks for the reply!

A couple of questions if you don't mind...... do you know where you/(BF) got yours? Also do you know who makes your model? Apparently there are a few different manufacturers and some are not made as well as others depending on the manufacturer.

I heard that target is going to start carrying them but I haven't checked that out yet.

It sounds like you use yours a lot. I might have to check this one out for myself.

Thanks again for the info!!:)

Angie

Hi, Angie. BF got it from Amazon with free shipping. You could also buy it directly from their website at www.nuwaveoven.com. I have the box and manuals sitting right here and it's manufactured by Hearthware Home Products, Inc.

Gayle

Just thought I'd add that I just noticed on the box that is says "patented triple cooking power: Infrared, Conduction and Convection".

Gayle

A question to those who have one already:

I had a "flavor oven" before and I loved it. The top was really red when it was in use. This nu-wave doesn't' seem to get really red, but it cooks. Is that normal or should I call the company? Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.