Is anyone else excited about the boxing workouts?

MSJ

Cathlete
I've read a number of comments where people are not enthusiasic about the upcoming boxing workouts, which is fine, but I think they sound really great.

My husband has always encouraged me to work boxing elements into my workout routine, but pounding away at the bag in our spidery dark garage, is just not appealing, although I think if I could do it the results would be great. I think I could really get into this for some variety in my workouts via the Cathe way.

Is anyone else looking forward to these?

Maggie:)

it certainly has my attention maggie. i can't wait to hear more about the series. i believe she says its still in development so i am sure once they are ready to film we will know more. it does sound great by what she days. something different and effective.
kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Maggie,

Yes!!!! I am looking forward to those workouts more so than any of the others that Cathe has planned. I don't have any boxing workouts (other than kickboxing) and I need something different. I have been bored with my workouts lately. It is going to seem like a long time before those are filmed and released, meanwhile I can ponder how I am going to set up a punching bag.

Jo

I feel like Jo. I am looking forward to those workouts more so than any of the others that Cathe has planned with the exception of Drill Max and Butts and Gutts. I have preordered DM and B&G and I will wait for the boxing series.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator and TAEBO junkie. :) :) :)

I am waiting for more descriptions as they go into production. With the rheumatoid arthritis in my wrists and hands, it will be painful and counterproductive for me to be "punching" on anything, but like all Cathe workouts, you can modify and still get a good w/o. So I'll await the more detailed description of this w/o.

I don't know what to make of them yet...I probably would not pre-order these b/c I'm not so sure that they are my style but I may purchase them if they appeal to me after I see the video clips and/or reviews on them....

yes I am looking forward to them.I already have a tae bo standing bag and rarely use it this will put it to good use.If she uses the training regimen used by boxers all I can say is ouch.They put in some intense workouts.Boxing looks to me to be one of the most exhausting sports.The boxers are always moving.I get tired watching them-it looks so hard.

YES! YES! YES! I have a black belt in taekwondo (haven't been active in it lately, though) and I love kickboxing workouts (especially kick, punch & crunch), but it would be nice to have a boxing workout besides Aerobox with Kathy Smith. I have thought about Debbie Burns' Boxing Body TKO but would rather spend my $ on a Cathe workout and since there are some coming... I think I'll wait! I have knee issues that sometimes flare up so a boxing workout with cardio from jump rope, etc., would be SO welcome! Bring it on, Cathe!:)

I'm really psyched about these workouts. I see it as Cathe sharing what she's currently into with us. I'm a little worried about how the punching with affect the arthritis in my hands (right there with you, Jane!) but I'm excited anyway. Besides, punching a heavy bag would be more therapeutic and less illegal than punching my XSO.

Becky

I love boxing but wonder if I must get a bag? I don't know where I'd put one. It's probably illegal to suspend one's spouse or SO so that's not an option. Now I have to go check out bags. Toodles!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

I can't wait for these workouts! What a great way to "shake up" my routine and add more variety and intensity-not that we don't get that from Cathe already;)

I can't wait for the boxing workouts!! Before the announcement I was actually thinking about taking boxing lessons somewhere. I love the results I've gotten in my back and shoulders from KPC and KM, plus it's such a stress reliever! Much more than step, for me anyways. I'm also wondering about the bag though...not sure it will go so well w/ my living room decor ;)

I'm looking forward to them, but wonder what the "intro to boxing" workout will be like? SOunds like something not really necessary for the "advanced" exerciser who has done kickboxing in the past?

I like varying my cardio and try to do something lower body intensive (step) alternated with something upper body intensive (boxing, but I only have a few boxing workouts--Kathy Smith, Michael Olajide, Contender's Club). This series should be great for that!

I'm with Wendy on this one. It's not going to be an automatic presale order for me as most Cathe workouts are. I'll need loads of details before satisfying myself that this is something I will use without having to purchase another whole load of equipment. We don't have the money for that right now. I am not sure it is that easy to transpose boxing workouts to DVD and home use. Have to see how enterprising Cathe can be with this one.

Clare

Cool--thanks for all the responses everyone--I can't wait to add them to the mix.

Maggie:)

<<I love boxing but wonder if I must get a bag? I don't know where <<I'd put one. It's probably illegal to suspend one's spouse or SO <<so that's not an option. Now I have to go check out bags. Toodles!

Bobbie.. I didn't know this was illegal?? How could this possibly be illegal?:+

I'm looing forward to this one. I'm not totally sure what to expect, but it will shake things up!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.