Anyone do Insanity as is, nothing added?

lulubell

Cathlete
Has anyone done the rotation w/o adding extra weights or whatever and if so what were
your results? I'm loving the program, int end of week 2 and am seeing results and was planning on adding some weights for week 3,4 and maybe recovery and then start month
2 as is as it's longer. My question is do I really need to as it's kinda nice having these short
intense workouts and then your done but I feel weird not doing 60-90 min workouts.

Any thoughts?
Aggie

Hi Aggie,

I'm in Week 6 of Insanity and have stuck to the program "as is" with the exception of the recovery week. I added the deluxe Upper Body Weight workout after Core Cardio & Balance 3 times that week just to satisfy my need to lift fix :p While I've only lost about 3 lbs I have really trimmed up my core (my tight pants are sliding right on), upper body has leaned out/arms & shoulders are more defined - just an all over leaning out which is exactly what I've been looking for in a program. Like you, I'm typically used to working out 60-90 minutes 6 days a week and am loving the shorter workouts. Month 2 focuses a bit more on strength compared to Month 1 - I had DOMS from the first Month 2 workout just like I had lifted so I plan to stick to Month 2 "as is". I figure what's another 4 weeks and I plan to do a strength rotation after Insanity. HTH :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.