Anyone a big fan of Christi Taylor's workouts as I am?

emuench

Hi everyone,
I'm a big fan of both Cathe Friedrich and Christi Taylor, both for their great personalities, great, tough, fun workouts, and how inspiring they are. I work out about 5 times a week and do mostly Cathe but for some of my cardio options I do Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step or Still Steppin. They are great workouts and I like them just as much as I like Cathe's Step Blast and Rhythmic Step. The choreography is similar in complexity, the music is awesome, and they are a lot of fun. I'm very excited about Cathe's new Hardcore series and just as excited about Christi Taylor's upcoming filming at the end of August of StepSational and FunkTional Fitness.

I wondered if there were any other fellow Christi fans?

Liz :)

Hi there,

I really like Christi Taylor too, I only have her compilation DVD with Still Steppin, Hi-lo heaven etc. on. I do it every now and then as variety for Cathe cardio, and I love the choreography too. Time flies!

Maria

ps I believe I read somewhere that Christi does Cathe interval workouts herself too. Thought that was kind of fun...;))

I really like Christi Taylor too. I throw her Hi Low Heaven and Still jumpin in quite a few times during my cardio sessions. She's a lot of fun.

Kathy

RE: Anyone a big fan of Christi Taylor's workouts as I ...

Hey Liz,

I'm wondering if I didn't give Christi enough of a chance. I bought her Step Heaven a few years ago, but just felt totally lost in the choreography, and decided she wasn't for me. Now I'm hearing that one of the sections in that video is complex even for her, so I'm thinking maybe I should give her another go. I must say the titles of the upcoming videos are very intriguing, and I'm quite tempted. Do you Taylor fans think it would be worth it for me to try another Christi step title, or does Step Heaven represent the choreo complexity in all her videos? I really do like her personality, and I can't do Cathe (or Mindy) aaaallll the time. :)
-Kate

Hi Kate!

Sorry to butt in here, I love Christi and have all her stuff. Do not use Step Heaven as a guideline to Christi's work, she has so much to offer and, although I like Step Heaven, it is not one of my favorites.

Try her newest - Solid Gold Cardio and Solid Gold Step, or her Just for Fun series, Still Steppin and Still Jumpin. I think those are great examples of Christi at her most fun, yet perhaps not at her most complex, and these series have great modifiers in the backround as well. Christi is one of the best instructors out there, next to Cathe there is no better, IMO.

I'll have to give Christi a try. I purchased her Solid Gold Cardio DVD and the one with the four workouts, but I have yet to take them out of their wrappers. It seems that lately I haven't been in the mood to try anything new; I've only been doing my Cathe favorites. I'll have to get myself out of this mode anyway, what with Hardcore coming eventually and all. Maybe I should start now by attempting a new (new for me) Christi workout.

Hi Liz! I have just discovered Christi Taylor and am having a lot of fun with her cardio (Stepping Zone and Happy Hour). I received her 'Terrific Trio' at the same time I received Cathe's High Step Advanced and am enjoying my new workouts very much. Christi's got great style and I like that she is very fit without having a Goddess kind of body, she looks very real and her enthusiasm is infectious. I have always enjoyed kind of dancey hi-lo and am feeling like I'm back in the good ol' days doing 'Happy Hour'.:) She's got herself a new fan here and I'll definitely check out her new workouts. Thanks.

Take Care
Laurie

I think Christi is an awesome instructior with great choreography that gets me excited when I am doing it. I love complex choreography and I think she breaks it down so well.

Give it a shot.
Tamikka

Christi is lot's of fun, and I'm a fan! Her choreography and personality are wonderful! She's so creative!

I haven't mastered all of her choreography yet, but really enjoy working out with her!

Pam

Thanks Connie!

So glad to hear that! I think I'll give Solid Gold & Just for Fun a try (once my credit card recovers from the recent Hardcore preorder craziness)!
-Kate
PS Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread.;-)

Hi everyone,
I'm so glad a lot of you like Christi as I do. As one of you said, don't use Step Heaven as a guide. That's a good one but Solid Gold Step (filmed 2003) and Still Steppin (filmed 2001) are my favorites!! :) The hi/lo partners to these workouts are also great, I'm told. The music is great and she definitely is one of the best instructors out there. She has a nice forum on her web site too. She is very supportive and responds quite often. I've asked her detailed questions about her workouts and she's always happy to explain. I find her step workouts comparable in intensity and complexity to Cathe's, except for the Challenges Cathe throws in at the end. :)

Christi is a wonderful person too. One of the nicest, caring, genuine people I've been in contact with. Her 21 year old son Jeremy is in the military and serving in Iraq and will be there for a bit longer. She's been letting us know how he's doing...very well lately.

For you hi/lo fans I've heard that on her Humble Beginnings DVD (workouts filmed between 1994-1997) CIA 9801 is awesome. The choreography is her most complex ever, if anyone wants a challenge. Also the music is very good.

Take care everyone and give Christi a good chance if you haven't already!!

Liz :)

I just ordered two of Christi's DVD after reading your post. I have always liked Christi and thought to myself I should have a few more of her workouts. Are you going to order her new workouts?? It doesn't give much description on her website. It says the intensity is moderate whereas most of her workouts are moderate/advanced. Do you think that means this one will be a little easier??
JJ

I'm a huge Christi Taylor fan. In fact, I did Totally Hot Cardio this morning. Her workouts are more like dance parties or fun fests than workouts. Her music is always fun, the moves are innovative and interesting, and her cueing is amazing!

I almost every Christi Taylor workout put out (don't have the original CIA workouts with the slide workouts, just the compilation DVD's). I'm waiting to preorder her two new workouts until the next cycle on my credit card. Yes, preordering is a sickness :eek: .

I agree with everyone about not using Step Heaven as a gauge for her workouts. It's one of the toughest choreography wise ever produced, IMO. Still Steppin, Totally Cool Step, and Solid Gold Step are awesome and have sections that are tutorials for those who need some extra coaching getting the steps.

SHHHH! Don't tell anyone, but I think that for sheer fun factor, Christi just might beat out Cathe (and Cathe is amazing too!).

Hi JJ,
I plan to definitely order StepSational (her new step workout being filmed 8/26) and am considering Funkional Fitness. I asked Christi on her forum about that one. It's not a typical Hi/lo, more of a dancy type workout. The music will be a little slower. Like you I'm not sure till I see it. I'm a huge fan of step workouts ( I only do Christi and Cathe)!! My favorite Step workouts of all time are Christi's Solid Gold Step and Still Steppin, and Cathe's Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, Imax 2, Body Max step aerobics, and Cardio&Weights. I'm so glad you ordered some Christi DVD's. You will not regret it!! :)

I asked her how rehearsals were going. 3 hours a day 4 times a week, then up to 6 hours a day the week before filming. WOW !!!!

Take care,
Liz

Hi Sabine,

Are you Dutch? I'm half Dutch. My mom is from the Netherlands. I'm addicted to imported Dutch food! :)

Her CIA 9801 as well as the other CIA's are on her Humble Beginnings DVD. I plan to get that one soon.

Take care,
Liz

Hi Liz,

Yes, I'm dutch from my mother's side (dad's side is german). Where do you get the imported Dutch food? I'd lop off my right arm if I could get a hold of some real Dutch vla (and drop, and chocolates, and the list could go on and on).

Nice to meet a fellow dutchie!

Cheekster, my first Christi was Still Steppin. After 2 attempts I thought I would never get the choreography down. Then, a few months later I took it out again and it started to click and now I love this video. It takes awhile to learn her choreography, but she is so fun. I am getting Solid Gold Step soon. I can't wait.

Hi Sabine! I'd be thrilled to tell you where to get Dutch food. I'm hopelessly addicted to it. First I'll talk about vla and pudding. The best site is
Dereuze.com because they have great prices. I order everything from Gevulde Koeken and Kanos, Edam cheese (4lb ball), Venco Droptoefjes and Katja Kokindjes (my favorite licorice), also Top Drop (for the purse!), King peppermints, Verkade chocolate, Honig custard mix (can make great vla with this), John Moir vanilla pudding, DeRuijter chocolate hail (for the bread). SOMETIMES they have pourable vla in a 1 L box but not always. I always place my order via phone b/c they can't say on the web if they have vla or not. Also at times the web says "out of stock" when they actually do have a few left. I don't think they're supposed to carry vla but have it anyway sometimes. You just have to ask. Another site which is also great which OFTEN has pourable vla is
Hollandsbest.com They have TONS of stuff, including both chocolate and vanilla vla.

I also like:
Dutchsweets.com (lots of licorice here!)
If you are interested in stroopwafels and gevulde Koeken dereuze.com has much better prices. All 3 sites I like b/c they each carry items I like which the others don't have. You can also get a lot of canned goods and yummy meat spices at great prices from Dereuze.com

Those of you reading this might think uh oh too many sweets, but I really am doing well and continuing to lose weight. I just eat my treats very much in moderation and keep track of my calories. For example I treat myself to a little chocolate once or twice a month, same with my licorice, and only about 80-100 calories at a time. Of course I work out a lot! :)

Sabine, Another site which is great is thehollandring.com. They have a big list of merchants you can either go to or order from. I've tried looking at all the online merchants and found that dereuze.com, hollandsbest.com, and dutchsweets.com are the best. Sometimes I feel that Dutch treats make life even more worth living ! :)

Take care,
Liz

Great! Solid Gold Step has this great MoveMaster feature which enables you to learn the choreograghy in slow motion. I did this first before attempting the workout and it made the workout much smoother. The music is great on this workout and choreography sooo fun!! You will love it! :)

Liz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.