any suggestions on how to blast that lower belly bulge???

GODiva79

Cathlete
Can anyone help me? I've been working out excessively for the last 4 months and i've lost 35 pounds. I've sculpted my arms, legs, back and shoulders, but i seem to be having trouble with my lower belly. i know the muscle is there becuz my core has gotten stronger and i can see the 6 pack just begging to come thru on my upper abs but i can't seem to get rid of the fat on top on my lower abs. Can anyone help me out or give me some suggestions? PLEASE!!!

Wow, congrats on your weight loss! I don't have an answer for you as I also have trouble with my lower belly. Regardless of how much weight I lose, I can't get down to a flat belly. I'm not sure if this is loose skin (I lost 40), or genetics for me. I do know that I have plenty of loose skin in the buttocks and belly. But, I'd rather have the loose skin instead of the extra 40 pounds.

Having said that, how clean is your diet? The cleaner you eat the more your belly will reduce in size. I can clearly see this in myself and know when I've been misbehaving as it shows up immediately in my abs. The cleaner I eat the smaller my mid section.

Hope this helps.
Lorrayne

Well at least i know i'm not the only one that's struggling wit the bulge. :) Congratulations to you on your weight loss as well! 40 pounds is a big accomplishment. I still want to lose about another 15 pounds to make my total weight loss 50 lbs but you know that the closer you get closer to your goal, the harder it is to reach.

As fat as my diet goes, i try to keep my calories relatively low. At least about 1600 to 2000 calories a day. I try not to consume too many empty calories. I eat alot of fruit and vegetables, particularly broccoli, carrots, string beans, green peas and i've cut red meat and chicken out of my diet. strictly fish and turkey. so i do try to eat properly. It's just that lower belly that's giving me the problems. I guess i can only keep working hard and hope it goes down more before summer. Lol!

Thanks for your input.

If you have lost that much weight, my guess would be you are struggling with the loose skin thing. Even I have looser skin there and I have always maintained my weight pretty much over the years, plus I do not have kids. Just noticed that the skin everywhere gets "looser", on my thighs too. Gross,but it sounds like you are looking fabulous, so don't sweat it. Keep up the good work!

RE: any suggestions on how to blast that lower belly bu...

Here are some interesting articles that I found. I didn't do any research to verify the sources are reputable, etc, but it's some food for thought anyhow.

I've noticed a huge difference in myself since I've started consuming more nuts and fish, but I still have a bit of a stubborn pooch to get rid of.

http://www.quickandsimple.com/article.php?id=536&menu=1

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/543215/more_tips_for_fighting_belly_fat.html

This one requires more research...I wouldn't want to cut back on Cathe just as I'm hitting my stride! Some of the symptoms fit in my case though. ;(

http://articlepower.org/blog/?p=2502

I have a bit of a problem of the second article stating that one should each 6 oz of lean beef on a regular basis. Beef takes a very long time (3 days) to fully break down and digest in your system. I can't imagine what my colon would look like if it was constantly eating beef.

I agree, and live by, with many of the principles in the first article, though.

I would be curious to see what others think of these two articles.

The only time I really lost the tummy fat was when I was really strict about my diet. As soon as I stopped being strict, the tummy came back. It's back again, and I'm really struggling as to whether I want to be so strict again and lose it. Or, at age 46, and a size 4, if maybe my body is telling me, "Look, so there's a little belly. You can basically enjoy all foods in moderation, including your beloved ice cream, so just chill and be at peace with your belly and yourself." I think the bottom line is, if you really want to get rid of that belly, it comes down to diet. Good luck!

I hear what you're saying about the beef. I'm not sure what "regular basis" means. If it's 6 ounces every 2 weeks, I don't have much of a problem with that. Personally, I don't like to eat more than 3-4 ounces of beef more often than that because I just don't feel as good as when I consume more fish, nuts and legumes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.