ANOTHER post about sneakers!

banslug

Cathlete
Sorry for yet another sneaker post. I'm really having a hard time finding a pair of aerobic shoes. I went shopping yesterday and must have tried on 15 pairs of sneakers and HATED EVERYONE of them. Almost nobody has pure aerobic shoes, mostly all cross-trainers. Every pair felt like a BOX...stiff, no padding, horrible!

I've been putting off buy Rykas off the internet because of the possible expenses of shipping back if they don't fit, I don't like, etc.

BUT I don't think I have any other choice right now. SO.......where do I shop online and what do you recommend?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Gayle

I got fitted at Fleet Feet and went for comfort rather than specific aerobic shoes. I think I ended up with running shoes. I don't think it's going to hurt me to wear running shoes vs. crosstrainers vs. aerobic, etc. as long as they are comfortable. I have PF, and finding comfortable shoes is critical.

Colleen

I second Zappos.com and also recommend shoes.com. Both provide very easy, no-hassle return shipping. It's usually easier to buy two sizes (I always go up at least one whole shoe size in sneakers) and then just return the size that doesn't fit.

And did you try the Nike Shox? I actually like these more than my Rykas!! (Well, for now, anyway.) I do have a narrow foot, though, and boxes tend to seem so wide....

Good luck!
Marie

If I can hi jack here for a moment i'd like to add my two cents.

Colleen-I have had much experience with PF. My discovery has been that running shoes do not give me the lateral support needed for most non running cardio like kick boxing, hi-lo and step. These workouts can have many lateral moves and I had trouble with flare ups when a shoe that did not provid great lateral support ( a running shoe) was worn .

Also,

Gayle- Why are you not interested in cross trainers? I have great luck with the "Ryka gym Trainer leather." They are marketed as cross trainers, but I never run it them. They are however great for Imax's, and kickboxing and any pylo combos 'Cathe' dishes out.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
Success is acheived by early preparation

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce9426d0892

Another vote for zappos.com. I recently purchased a pair of Rykas from them, but did not know what size I would need. So, I bought size 8, 8.5 and 9. It was SO easy to return them. You just pack them in the original box and print out a UPS label from the zappos website and drop it off at a UPS pick up place. I was credited within 5 days of dropping them off at an UPS store. Very easy and hassle free!!! Oh also the shipping to me and return shipping was free.

Karin

Ok, folks...THANKS a bunch. I was just reading another sneaker thread elsewhere here and got some great notes finally written down! I am headed to zappos.com and shoes.com to check them out.

As for cross trainers....I was actually looking for a pair, but all the ones I tried on were HORRIBLE!

We'll see what I end up with!

Thanks again!

Gayle

I third or fourth (whatever # it's at now lol) zappos.com I just ordered a pair of Rykas from them and got them a few days ago (I started a thread about it someplace here). I am actually returning them (Enlights I got in size 7.5) because the heal part really digs into my heel, so I'm getting a size 8 now and hope that fixes the problem. They are really cushy but still offer tons of support!

I fith or what ever zappos.com!! I just bought 2 pairs last week and sent one back and just received notice that my account will be credited. It must have been only 4 days after I sent them back. For Rykas I order a 1/2 size up. I ordered their new crosstrainers, XT and they are really comfortable. I wore them doing rhythmic step today and they were great, felt really light on my feet and gave me support! I also ordered those pink saucony ones that Tracie Long wears in BBBB and they were comfy too.
Good Luck in your search!
Jen

> If I can hi jack here for a moment i'd like to add my two
>cents.
>
> Colleen-I have had much experience with PF. My discovery has
>been that running shoes do not give me the lateral support
>needed for most non running cardio like kick boxing, hi-lo and
>step. These workouts can have many lateral moves and I had
>trouble with flare ups when a shoe that did not provid great
>lateral support ( a running shoe) was worn .
>

Thanks Judy. Now I'll have to double check. I am to the point of having surgery so if a different shoe can help...I'm there!!!

Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.