another med ball question....

Marisa

Hi ladies! :)

I know that everyone has been posting questions about the medicine ball, but now I have one of my own (and its probably similar to most of the others)!

Anyway, what I want to know is if you guys think the 8 lb ball would be too much or not enough for me. I'm guessing it will probably be just right considering Cathe uses an 8 lb ball, and she is 5'3 (if the ball has anything at all to do with your height). I am 5'1. What do you guys think?

Next, where can I find one? I went to a website (Sports Systems??) that Cathe had posted, but they want like 45 bucks for an 8 lb med ball :-wow!! Are there any cheaper ones out there?? I read on another post that someone found cheaper ones at Wal-Mart, but they had only found 10 lb med balls. Anyone seen any 8 pounders at Wal-Mart (or anywhere else) with a better price tag??

Thanks girls (and boys if we have any :D)

Marisa

Hi!

I got a 6lb ball at Target for about $25. I also just saw 8 pounders at Big 5 Sports(CA). I am not sure if that is a chain, but I would assume most sports stores have them.

Check out Ebay. They have some great prices for med balls. I got a Ooof ball on ebay. I love it!!

Kali :)

Hello I'm in Canada and I went to the closest little city to me, Welland by Niagra Falls. For those people in Canada they have the balls in kilograms only or so I've found. I wanted 8 pounds just like Cathe but all they had was 2kg 3kg and 5kg no four! Four kg would just have been perfect but I now have a pretty yellow 3kg ball. It is just fine for the vidios at 6.6 pounds so I've found and I got it from Santa from Fitness Depo. I have not posted on this forum for years it seems like but I did put in my 2 cents for another Imax and my wish came true. hope this message helps someone. Bri.

I always seem to want to go under Cathe's recommended weight just a bit, so I bought a new 6 lb. medicine ball here in Houston at a new Oshman's that just opened for $12 (I think - my dh is the one who bought it for me).

I'm thinking that the 6 lb. will do just fine. I also have a 3 lb. ball that I need to purchase some needle pumps to pump it up because it's halfway deflated due to my girls using it as a play ball.

Thanks!

Thank you ladies!! :D

A few of these places I have never seen in Colorado, but I will definitely check out Ebay, hotskins.com, and Target.

Also- I usually have to go a little under Cathe's suggested weight for most exercises too, or I do the same weight as her with some others. Would you guys suggest 6 lbs then?? I've never used a med ball before, but eight lbs just doesn't sound that heavy. Of course, I am not familiar with any of the exercises that Cathe does using the ball, because I have not yet received the new series, so maybe 6 lbs would suit me fine.
If it helps, I usually work with 8 lb weights for most dumbbell exercises, though sometimes I have to use 5#, and with some exercises I can go up to 10# or 15#.

Suggestions anyone??

Thanks in advance :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.