American Idol (spoiler!)

red_mct

Cathlete
Can you believe Mandisa was voted off??!!! I really think she has the best voice in the competition. Which begets the uber-sensitive question... do you think her weight worked against her? (Not being rude, just curious if anyone else thinks that.) I think she is just gorgeous, but she is very overweight. Just wondering if anyone else thinks that might have been a factor.

Marie

Can you believe Mandisa was voted off??!!! I really think she has the best voice in the competition. Which begets the uber-sensitive question... do you think her weight worked against her? (Not being rude, just curious if anyone else thinks that.) I think she is just gorgeous, but she is very overweight. Just wondering if anyone else thinks that might have been a factor.

Marie

I also thought Mandesa had one of the best voices! That's too bad! Unfortunetly, I think her weight might have effected it. I thought it would have been neat if she tried to lose weight, and each week or so, the public would see a differenc...I bet a lot more people would vote to see her progress! (not saying that she or anyone else has to be a certain size in order to win, just that would have been a neat thing)

I also thought Mandesa had one of the best voices! That's too bad! Unfortunetly, I think her weight might have effected it. I thought it would have been neat if she tried to lose weight, and each week or so, the public would see a differenc...I bet a lot more people would vote to see her progress! (not saying that she or anyone else has to be a certain size in order to win, just that would have been a neat thing)

I loved Mandisa also. I was so upset that she got voted off but like Ryan said, if you don't vote you can't get upset. I guess I need to start voting. What makes me mad is if weight did play a portion in her getting voted off, why is it ok for men to be bigger (ex. Rubben Studdard who one before) but not for women. Although she is big I think she is so gorgeous. Every week I tell my husband how beautiful she is and how much I love her skin. I think she has a beautiful spirit too. I know she will get a contract right away, and I think she should get snatched up for modeling too.

My favorites are Chris and Elliot. Mandisa was too but I guess she can't be my favorite anymore. It will be interesting to see what happens with Elliot since he was in the bottom three this week. I guess I better get my fingers warmed up throughout the week to get ready to vote next week.

I loved Mandisa also. I was so upset that she got voted off but like Ryan said, if you don't vote you can't get upset. I guess I need to start voting. What makes me mad is if weight did play a portion in her getting voted off, why is it ok for men to be bigger (ex. Rubben Studdard who one before) but not for women. Although she is big I think she is so gorgeous. Every week I tell my husband how beautiful she is and how much I love her skin. I think she has a beautiful spirit too. I know she will get a contract right away, and I think she should get snatched up for modeling too.

My favorites are Chris and Elliot. Mandisa was too but I guess she can't be my favorite anymore. It will be interesting to see what happens with Elliot since he was in the bottom three this week. I guess I better get my fingers warmed up throughout the week to get ready to vote next week.

I know, it is awful! I don't think it as anything to do with her weight b/c look at Ruben.
I think she did poorly that night but she didn't deserve to go home, she has a great voice.
What kills me, is that Bucky and Ace are still sitting there! Like...WTH? I can't figure out that one, those 2 just don't do it for me.
Lori:)

I know, it is awful! I don't think it as anything to do with her weight b/c look at Ruben.
I think she did poorly that night but she didn't deserve to go home, she has a great voice.
What kills me, is that Bucky and Ace are still sitting there! Like...WTH? I can't figure out that one, those 2 just don't do it for me.
Lori:)

I'm posting over here cuz I missed seeing this!

woah, I was kinda shocked Mandisa got the boot for one bad song. I think, however, she does not have that same likeability factor as Taylor, which is a huge difference. I don't think the weight is really an issue here as is general presence. She'll do really well for herself in any respect. Ace won't be far behind the boot. He's got a decent voice but there's is something kinda weird and perverted about him ;P To me, I like Bucky's genuine feel much better, even though he's not the same kinda hottie. I think America likes that. Same with Elliot.

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I'm posting over here cuz I missed seeing this!

woah, I was kinda shocked Mandisa got the boot for one bad song. I think, however, she does not have that same likeability factor as Taylor, which is a huge difference. I don't think the weight is really an issue here as is general presence. She'll do really well for herself in any respect. Ace won't be far behind the boot. He's got a decent voice but there's is something kinda weird and perverted about him ;P To me, I like Bucky's genuine feel much better, even though he's not the same kinda hottie. I think America likes that. Same with Elliot.

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I was sad to see Mandisa go too. Out of the bottome 3, I really thought that Paris was going to be the one to go. I don't think that weight played a factor in America's decision on voting her off. I think she is beautiful and she seems like such a warm, caring person. Tuesday night she chose a song that just didn't do it for her, which is unfortunate b/c I thought she could've gone further in the competition.

I'm anxious to see the next show - where do they come up with the songs that the contestants have to sing??? Queen???? I really don't care for them and can only name about 2 or 3 songs that they sing. It should be interesting.

I was sad to see Mandisa go too. Out of the bottome 3, I really thought that Paris was going to be the one to go. I don't think that weight played a factor in America's decision on voting her off. I think she is beautiful and she seems like such a warm, caring person. Tuesday night she chose a song that just didn't do it for her, which is unfortunate b/c I thought she could've gone further in the competition.

I'm anxious to see the next show - where do they come up with the songs that the contestants have to sing??? Queen???? I really don't care for them and can only name about 2 or 3 songs that they sing. It should be interesting.

I was sad to see Mandisa go too, she has so much talent! I think the reason she got voted off had more to do with song choices and wardrobe choices. The last few weeks she wore sleeveless tops and super tights jeans that did her no justice.

I CAN'T believe that Buckey is still on!!!:eek:

>I was sad to see Mandisa go too, she has so much talent! I
>think the reason she got voted off had more to do with song
>choices and wardrobe choices. The last few weeks she wore
>sleeveless tops and super tights jeans that did her no
>justice.
>
>I CAN'T believe that Buckey is still on!!!:eek:

I agree, the last two weeks her song choices have been iffy, and since she probably does not have a following such as Ace has for being nice to look at, she has to do it on the strength of what she sings. She is a beautiful woman, and has a powerful voice.

People are getting tired of Paris, but she also is quite talented. I was sad to see Elliott in the bottom, because he has a much better voice than Ace or Bucky, and Taylor just plain bombed this week.

I got home to late to vote. Usually I pick 3 that I think did the best, and it often is different each week. This week would have been Catherine, Chris and Elliott. IMO Catherine is the best singer of the bunch.

>I can't stand Bucky or Ace!
>
>

I totally agree!!! I am hoping these are the next 2 out!

I was sorry to see Mandesa leave. I thought she had a great voice and hope she ends up with a contract anyway. I vote based on the voice and performance but that is me so song choice isn't as big a factor and either are looks. I did think Mandesa's stylists could have helped her find clothes that were more flattering to her size than what she wore the last few weeks.

Next week should be interesting.

I agree with the likeability factor - and at this point I think Taylor and Kathryn are tops with that. I've liked Taylor from the very beginning for that very reason, PLUS, he's very original.

I always ask myself for whom of the contestants would I pay $25.00+ to experience for 2 hours at a concert. Those 2 are the only ones I'd pay to see, and Taylor before Kathryn. I DON'T think weight was a factor - look at Aretha Franklin, whose weight has continued to go up over the years. She's STILL the queen, as far as I'm concerned. In my next life I want to be able to sing just like her!

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain ;-)

As long as Chris wasn't voted out, I always seem relieved. I hated to see Mandisa go, but it is getting down to the wire now. We all know others will soon follow...Ace, Bucky, etc. even though I like them, but Chris is going to take it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.