American Gladiators

Jody

Cathlete
Is anyone here watching the new American Gladiators? I just got done watching it, and was actually pretty impressed. I loved the original back in the 90s and was so excited to see it come back on ESPN Classic. Okay, actually, I like gazing at Turbo, Nitro, and all of the other original male gladiators more than anything! :9

But the updated version isn't too bad. Don't think I'm going to have any crushes on the new male gladiators though, those men are crazy looking! And the women look like they could kick some butt, also!

I bet there are a lot of ladies (and men!) on these boards who would be great on the show. Surely if you have the stamina to complete Imax 3, Drill Max, etc. you can take on take on a gladiator! :)

Thoughts from anyone?!

I watched it last night! Ahhhh, the memories! Some of the challenges look kind of fun, but I know I'm no match for those gladiators - they look TOUGH and scary. (Ummmm, Hellga looked like she could take on most of the men!) :eek:

I bet Cathe would make a good gladiator... except that she's too sweet to try and knock people down on purpose! :O ;)

I used to like the original a lot. Yes, I think it's cheesy, though fun. Hulk Hogan I could do without. I agree some of the guys really come off as lunatics (what's with "Wolf?") But of all of the events and battles, I think that "Eliminator" is hands down the best test of physical strength and stamina. That thing looks awesome.

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I recognized a few of the girls from my fitness magazines Tanji Johnson, Beth Horn and Valerie Waugman. I also recognized Crush from the Mu Tae show Fight Girls that was neat.

DH and I watched alot of it. It was fun. We both remember the orgiginal too. I must admit I rolled my eyes when I heard it was coming back and watched out of curiosity only but with the cr@p that's on tv these days, this is actually one of few shows I may actually watch.

DH kept saying I could be a contestant. I told him he was nuts! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.