afternoon lull

scm

Cathlete
BIG YAWN!!! I'm having a huge afternoon lull today. I finished my big bowl and chilli and begal about an hour ago and can now hardly stay awake. Could it be the food I ate or just maybe I didnt get enough sleep last night? Any suggestions to help stay awake for the rest of the day?
Susan C.M.

"I finished my big bowl and chilli and begal about an hour ago and can now hardly stay awake. Could it be the food I ate?"

Hi Susan:

That depends -- did you have a bagel or a beagle (or maybe a bengal)? I hear beagles don't go down all that well.

Just teasing, of course. It was probably the chilli, especially if it's got ground beef in it. Red meat has a tendency to tire me out as the body tries to digest it.

As for staying awake. Take a short break and go outside for a short walk. If it's anywhere as cold where you are as it is here in Toronto (-20C), it'll perk you right up!

Patricia

Bagels are very high on the Glycemic Index. They cause your blood sugar to spike and then leave you tired and craving more simple sugars. I would try to substitute a whole grain bread instead, if possible.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.