Aerobic Shoes (again)

fitlawnerd

I'm new to this board, so sorry if this question has been asked before (I'm sure it has..:eek:)

I went shopping for workout shoes and had a sales guy tell me to buy running shoes for step:eek: I know better. I currently use a running shoe (Asics Gel Kinetic) for walking, and like them a lot. I pronate, have had issues with PF before and need to lose 60 pounds (packed on during last five years). I love step and am trying to build my way back into the Cathe step workouts I love, but am taking it slow (and eating healthy).

I saw an old thread where the Asics Gel Intensity got good reviews and am thinking of ordering (I live in a small town). I imagine if I stick with Asics I'd be safe ordering the same size as my running shoes, which are a bit larger than my everyday shoes? (the running shoes were fitted in a running store). I know...many questions. Thanks in advance for answering..

shari

Hi Shari-

I am an asics wearer as well. I wear the same size in the running shoes, as well as, the gel intensity shoes. I love the gel intensity for step and other cathe-like cardio. :)

HTH!

Enjoy!

I wear Asics for my running, . . nimbus, . . but I've noticed that this years model actually runs smaller so my advice would be to try them on. Your feet will swell while working out so make sure to buy at least a 1/2 to 1 size larger and I know it may seem silly but socks make a difference. I use Nike for my step and kickboxing though. Hope this helps.

thanks Mary & Janie. I think I will order the Asics Gel Intensity. I wear a street size 10, but my kinetics are a size 11:eek: (I swear my weight gain has made my feet larger). The sporting goods store here is good, but for some reason they only carry running and walking shoes. They've always been great when I buy those, but I know I need lateral support with step. Thanks so much for your input. I could kick myself for putting on this weight (illness & surgery...then had an injury when I started back too hot and heavy) and am starting with a rotation blended from the beginner series and more intermediate (Cardio & Weights) workouts. I can't wait until I'm doing Imax 2 again, which is my favorite Cathe! My reward for my first 25 pounds is going to be STS...I can't wait!

Just another view -- I pronate and need good support for my knees and back. I have always worn running shoes for step, other than the times I have tried crosstrainers and did not like them at all. My current shoe is a Saucony model.

Another pronater here! lol I'm also a runner. I wear the Asics Gel Intensity for everything else except for running....for that I wear Mizuno's. I've worn my Mizuno running sneakers for everything else for a VERY short time until I found the Asics. Good luck!

Gayle

p.s. I'm very picky about my sneakers, but I LOVE these Asics!

i love my Brooks Adrenaline(which cost the same as Asics) for running and i work on the sales floor. i want to buy another pair for the treadmill but would like to buy something cheeper than $80. any ideas?

laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.