Advice for non-step cardio work out

Carmen829

Cathlete
I'm beginner/intermediate level. I have Basic Step/Body Fusion and Low Impact Step. Love them both. I also do the body toning segments 2-3 times per week.

I'm looking for a cardio workout that is not step. I want to do it on the days I'm not doing step. My knees feel like they are taking a lot. I was thinking of KPC its a good price. Can you suggest one? Although I would like it to be a Cathe workout, I'm opening to any others. Thanks.

KPC is great. Also Kick Max if you want more advanced.

Maximum Intensity Cardio, one of my favorites, has a floor segment for the first half of the workout.

Hi. :)

I'm in the same boat that you are, beginner/intermediate level. I own KPC but I have yet to attempt it; its one of my goals this month is to work into completing it. }) From viewing it looks very intense.

I've just started taping workouts off of FitTV to do for my cardio. "In Shape with Sharon Mann" and "All Star Workout" have some good shows. Not all of them are cardio, but they're on for quite a while early in the morning, so I've been taping them, then previewing and deciding which one to do. Very doable workouts too, you'll feel worked out but you'll also be able to finish without burning out. Plus if you already have the channel, its free. :)

I'm alternating this and Cathe; HTH.

--Kathleen--

KPC - absolutely! It starts out nice and slow, and yes, gets a bit intense, but it's not too bad. It's also just plain fun! I say go for it!

The other thing about KPC is there are a lot of pre-mixes, so if you don't feel up to doing the whole thing the first couple of times, you can work your way up there. I personally prefer KPC to KickMax, but that's just me.

Step, Jump, and Pump has a partial hi/lo (non-step) section and Cardio Kicks is non-step, as well. SJP is a particular fave of mine because the pre-mixes are so awesome. (It also comes with Step Blast which is a great workout.)

See, there are loads of choices! Sometimes that's the problem!

Good luck!
Marie

ETA, I am of course referencing the DVD version of the titles. VHS has fewer options.

Cardio Kicks is also a great kickboxing workout but there is some very high intensity portions. Cathe's workouts are always easy to modify.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.