2003: My year to eat!

nancy324

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-25-02 AT 11:41PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Dec-25-02 AT 11:40 PM (Est)[/font]

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered a step and started doing Power Hour 3x per week.

Let's say when the step gets here I start doing a step cardio workout 3x per week.

Pure Strength and occasional aerobics when I wasn't too bored just wasn't enough!

Last night my husband and I went to dinner and I had fabluous crab-encrusted salmon on a bed of garlic potatoes and 2 glasses of a wonderful merlot and I felt a little guilty for not staying home with a can of tuna in water on a bed of greens. I didn't go completely nuts. I ordered the apricot sorbet while my husband ate the Mud Pie dessert.

My goal for 2003: to workout more than ever and eat anything I want to!

I'm 46 years old, and who knows how many more years I'll have to exercise my god-given passion for food? I've spent my whole life passing up most of the wonderful gourmet delicacies that the world has to offer. Who knows how many more years I have to waste?

I suspect I've spent too much time dieting and not enough time exercising. And not NEARLY enough time enjoying life generally. Do you guys think it can work? Will the that kind of workout schedule keep me dining out without having to worry about how my clothes fit? Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks, all! Hope you had a great Christmas.

-Nancy

Once you're in shape, and IF you watch your portion sizes, there is no reason you can't eat whatever you enjoy. Just bring some of it home and have delicious leftovers for lunch the next day. Or share it with one of your kids or friends. There is no reason to live on tuna and collard greens. Once you know how to eat clean, you can always treat yourself with *small* portions of good stuff.

Congratulations Nancy.

Yes I believe it can work for you as for many one of the problems is that we are not as active as we could be. Just be balanced with your eating choices and working out allow yourself cheats and cheat days and have 1-2 good days of eating a week.

I am going to clean out my eating (this is something that I should have done long ago).

I have found recently that my eating is getting better due to my exercising mainly, I have found at work I am eating more often but less fatty foods and I am getting more control over my eating.

The challenge has been today and yesterday but that is mainly because I am at home and not doing anything too constructive but tonight it is exercise night.

My goal for 2003 is to eat better and a wider range I am going to use Cathe's prinicple whilst having cheat day at the weekend.

And once I get the new vids on dvd to weight train and do cardio on a more regulary basis.

Babs

I never say No; I always say "later.' That way, I always eat what I want--just maybe not when I want .

I'm 49 - started exercising regularly 2 1/2 years ago. At first I watched every thing I put in my mouth - now I don't stress. I don't eat "clean" either. I just can't take fitness that seriously. I exercise almost every day - 40 - 60 minutes of cardio and strength 3 to 4 times per week. That's all the time I can put into it. I will also say that exercising started to become dreaded until I found Cathe. I now look forward to it. What works for me won't work for everyone, but I just think life is too short not to enjoy the wonderful foods that are available to us. I also love to cook and entertain. I am however very careful to maintain my current weight which is just right for me. So, I say go ahead and enjoy yourself in 2003 and beyond.

Mary Ann

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.