11/14 Catheites Daily challenge

rgs424

Cathlete
The daily challenge for 11/14 is:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

EAT your fruits and vegetables. And report back what you ate (so
that we can all get food ideas).

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This is ALWAYS a difficult one for me becuase I hate veggies, so I will have to get creative !!

>Ugh. Another veggie challenge?!?!?! I don't know if I can
>take much more of this.... ;)
>
>Allison

I don't know what other challenges to do !
:)

You're too cute! Ok, for the rest of my workday instead of sitting at my desk doing nothing (which is what I spend most of my days doing...) I'll be thinking up witty, exciting challenges. You shouldn't be doing all the work!!!

Allison
1.gif

>You're too cute! Ok, for the rest of my workday instead of
>sitting at my desk doing nothing (which is what I spend most
>of my days doing...) I'll be thinking up witty, exciting
>challenges. You shouldn't be doing all the work!!!
>
>Allison
1.gif

SURE THING !!! thank you !!

>What about something like "do whatever workout you have with
>the highest dread factor"?
>

OOOHHHHHH!!!! That's a good one!!! (of course, that would mean doing ALL of my Cathe workouts....)

Allison
1.gif

>>What about something like "do whatever workout you have
>with
>>the highest dread factor"?
>>
>
>OOOHHHHHH!!!! That's a good one!!! (of course, that would mean
>doing ALL of my Cathe workouts....)
>
>Allison
1.gif

That sounds good !

Or instead of just "eat your veggies," something like, add one extra helping of veggies, OR replace one sweet dessert/junk food with a piece of fruit.

Ummmm ---
add X pounds to one set of bicep curls (or whatever body part you're working that day

go for a brisk walk at lunch

climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator

do a 15-20 minute, thorough stretch after your workout and don't cheat!

>do a 15-20 minute, thorough stretch after your workout and
>don't cheat!

I like this one too--something I need to do WAY more often!!

Allison
1.gif

>Or instead of just "eat your veggies," something like, add
>one extra helping of veggies, OR replace one sweet
>dessert/junk food with a piece of fruit.
>
>Ummmm ---
>add X pounds to one set of bicep curls (or whatever body part
>you're working that day
>
>go for a brisk walk at lunch
>
>climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator
>
>do a 15-20 minute, thorough stretch after your workout and
>don't cheat!

These all sound great ! I have tried not to be too specific so people could choose their own and whatever is appropriate to them. For a given day, some people might be working out on weights while others are doing cardio only. But maybe for a given day, I'll do somethng like "If you are doing strength, add x pounds to your specific body part, or if you are doing cardio, add 5 extra HIGH INTENSE minute".

However, I LOVE the idea about STRETCHING !!! VERY GOOD IDEA !

I'm in. Since I'm home alone this evening and don't have to cook for the meat lovers, I'm planning a mixed veggie stir fry on brown rice.

I think a veggoe stir fry sounds like a great idea. I have a bag at home and I think I will cook that. Thanks for the reminder !

Thank you for yesterday's challenge. It really helped me refuse Godiva chocolate that DH was tempting me with. I put the last two pieces in Ds's lunch this morning.

I love the fruits and veggies challenge. I'll share my choices later....

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

So far today I've had a banana, apple and some strawberries. I'll be having a small salad with lunch and a pear this afternoon. Dinner will be veggie heavy.

>So far today I've had a banana, apple and some strawberries.
>I'll be having a small salad with lunch and a pear this
>afternoon. Dinner will be veggie heavy.

That's all you've had today so far Shelley?!?!? Sheesh. You must be starving. You're menu for the day sounds slightly sparse. I'll eat extra to make up for what you're lacking... ;)

Get ready for this: so far today I've had two cups of coffee, Kashi cereal with skim milk and........1/2 a donut. Yup. and there's an enormous pumpkin pie in the office kitchen. I reeeaaalllyyy want a slice..... x(

Allison
1.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

So far so good -- I haven't had a single fruit yet, but I've already consumed more than 1/2 of my veggie quota for the day. I stocked up on apples, oranges, and pears at the grocery store yesterday so I'll be choosing one of those for an afternoon snack. I'm drinking LOTS of water, too.

Shelley -- you're doing good -- hang in there :*

>there's an enormous pumpkin pie in the office kitchen. I
>reeeaaalllyyy want a slice..... x(
I guess you can't consider eating a slice of pumpkin pie a way to get your fruit in? You can tell why I have trouble losing weight, can't you?

OK, does fruit count on this challenge--like fruit and veggies--because if so, I've had 2. (small banana at breakfast and veggie soup at lunch). I'm about to get up and look for something else, though because I'm still hungry and a little bit dizzy.

ETA: I just re-read the opener--yay! Fruit counts!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Allison - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - uh, no. That's the fruits and/or veggies I've had. The banana was on a bowl of cereal. The apple came with a Luna Bar and the strawberries were in plain yogurt. I also had some WW pasta and beans at lunch (I didn't get the salad though - I'll have to do it later).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.