1-419-474-9385

eminenz2

Cathlete
OMG! We have been getting inundated with calls from this Toledo land line. Finally I answered and told them not to call again. I was very polite. They wanted to talk to my husband and thank him for a donation he made to their business (which they would not name - Danger! Danger, Will Robinson!) I told them I would give him the message please stop calling.

Guess what, next day they called again - THREE times in one evening! They have been calling every day since Friday - between 5 and 8 times a day!

Yesterday I threatened to contact the police for harassment and whoever else I needed to get the calls to stop.

Googling the phone number revealed that this is happening to many people. Has it happened to you?

But guess what - they called again today!!!! TWICE!!! AUUUUUGHGHGH!

So finally I went to ftc.gov and filed a complaint with the Do Not Call Registry, although I doubt it will help.

Susan L.G.

I haven't had this happen, YET. Thanks for the warning. :)

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Is there any way you could block the call from that particular number? How about talking to the phone company about it? Maybe Clark Howard, the consumer advocate, would have some ideas....

Very disturbing. I hope you resolve this soon. Keep us posted.

Maggie:)

A Google search serves up some interesting poop on this number....
You might contact the FTC....

A lady in my office had a call on her caller id labeled "prison call" she ans and it was a guy claiming to be an officer and that her fam had been in an accident (by chance they went home) and she had to call some number to find out the info. I don't know the number. But there were some beeps and she had to put in her number. Then all weekend (this was last wkend) her phone would ring once and stop. Her BF called the phone co yest and they told him the calls were being forward out of the country and she had racked up a $300+ long distance bill in like 3 days. Needless to say they are arguing with the phone company, which doesn't seem to be bending. I'll have to ask her tomorrow if she ever got anywhere. My boss also said she saw the same thing on her caller id but she had never ans it bc she wasn't home. The things people will do......

Nan

I did go to the FTC website and filed a complaint. Tonight the man was very rude and when I told them I filed a complaint with the FTC, yelled over me that "They only call three times a day and they'll keep calling until they talk to [DH's name]!" Then he slammed the phone down on my ear.

Calling the non-police police number probably won't help, will it?

Ugh!

Susan L.G.

Keep something with a very loud, horrible shreiking noise next to the phone. When they call, blast 'em good and loud. When their eardrums have popped, I doubt they'll call back }(

We had this happen with a number in FL. I googled the number and found other people having the same problem(calls every couple of hours). The best advise is to NOT answer the phone. After a few days they quit calling, problem solved.:)

I always tell them very nicely to hold on for a second, then I put the phone down (don’t hang up!), I’ll do my cleanmax, laundymax, sweep my floors or watch TV while they are still on the other line! Of course, they can hear everything on the other end, but who cares? Right! They maybe call you back three more times or I don’t answer the phone, eventually they stop calling!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Ugh. That's SO annoying and RUDE!

For the past few weeks, I've been getting calls on my cell phone from 800-861-5065 and 888-716-0010 - sometimes as much and 3 times a day. I Googled these numbers and they both belong to a shady debt collection agency (Calvary Portfolio Services) who has a very long history of calling people over and over and over again about some other person's debt. I have no debt and my name isn't Shayna Gray or whoever they keep asking for. But it's an automated message, so you can't tell them to stop calling without calling them back - and I am NOT doing that! And filing a complaint with the Do Not Call registry is useless because apparently debt collectors can call whoever they please, because they're not techinically solicitors. x(

Sorry you have to put up with this...its very annoying isn't it?

I have a couple little tricks that I pull on telemarketers that amuses me to no end..

When I see a phone number that I don't recognize that pops up on caller ID, I'll answer the phone in french or spanish. ( Keep in mind that I only know some french and really no spanish other than what I learned from watching Dora the Explorer with my little guy.)

The other is to have my 6 year old actually answer the phone and talk to them. I always tell him to tell the people on the other line to take us off their list.

Usually either of these tactics work. The person on the other line gets very frustrated and usually won't call back.

I know I may come off as kind of warped, but a girl has gotta find some humor somewhere with these annoying people! :)

Take care, Lynn M.

We had this happen this weekend (not the same number, though). It was 8 a.m., and we had had a late night, the kids had coughed during the night with colds, etc. and we were planning to sleep in. So the phone rings, wakes us ALL up, and I look on the caller ID and it just says "Communications." The guy wants to survey us. I told him he woke up our ENTIRE family on a Saturday morning, and that we were not in the mood for a survey. So my husband files a complaint with the Do not call registry, because we are supposed to be signed up on that. Turns out that surveyors are not covered under the Do Not Call registry. They are ALLOWED to call and harass people. This surveyor, we found out after searching their number on the internet, surveys people and sells the info to other companies so they can bombard people assumably with junk mail and advertising. The Do Not Call list has turned into a joke if they are letting such companies slide by. I understand non-profits, but this is crazy.

All of this to say, I feel your pain.

>
>I have a couple little tricks that I pull on telemarketers
>that amuses me to no end..
>
>When I see a phone number that I don't recognize that pops up
>on caller ID, I'll answer the phone in french or spanish. (
>Keep in mind that I only know some french and really no
>spanish other than what I learned from watching Dora the
>Explorer with my little guy.)
>
>I know I may come off as kind of warped, but a girl has gotta
>find some humor somewhere with these annoying people! :)
>
>Take care, Lynn M.

LOL, my DH does this, too. His latest: he pretends to be the Spanish housekeeper and goes on and on to the caller about how I'm not home *again*- I'm always out shopping and spending money so I probably don't have any spare money to donate to their charity or to buy whatever they are selling.

Belinda,
My husband used to collect all of our junk mail and then one day a week, he'd stuff their postage paid envelopes with different junk mail and send it. That way they had to pay for the postage and they got junk mail from us. It was great.

I have been getting calls for weeks and weeks from another number 800-553-1077. They never leave a msg and call many times a day! I just googled it after reading this thread and figured out what it was. Thanks for this thread!!! This has been driving me bananas x(

Mary

>Belinda,
>My husband used to collect all of our junk mail and then one
>day a week, he'd stuff their postage paid envelopes with
>different junk mail and send it. That way they had to pay for
>the postage and they got junk mail from us. It was great.

Stephanie, I did that too! LOL! I watched Andy Rooney from 60 minutes and he said to do that! LOL! I put all kind of stuff in their postage paid evnelopes!LOL! Did your DH watched Andy Rooney? That is funny!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Yeah, that's where we got the idea. At the time, I had ordered some protein stuff from some bodybuilding company that kept sending TONS of junk mail afterward with bodybuilders all over it and before/after pictures, etc. He loved stuffing that into credit card company mail (which makes up a good 80 percent of our junk mail). LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.