The "No Sweets" Check-In - June 2, 2005

Lunacat

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone! Since Shelley is hiding from a tray of cookies at the moment, I'll get things started.

It's 10:43 and no sugar (even in my coffee) at all so far. I feel pretty good but keep having recurring thoughts of Swiss cake rolls.

How is everyone else holding up?

Lunacat

RE: The

I'm doing just fine! But i haven't even been up 30 mins, so i guess that is a little presumptuous of me huh? I'm sure i will be victorious since i have rid my house of anything dangerous. i have to plan ahead;-)

jes

I'm holding up really well so far, yippie! I'm really glad that this challenge started AFTER my worst PMS cravings had passed. :p :7

I will surely be tested over the weekend- at least 2 family gatherings/meals on the schedule so far. :9 x(

Connie :D

I'm feeling a little remorseful for the Trail Mix I snacked on in the car on the way home from work last night. It had peanuts, cashews, raisins....and....*GASP!*.....M&MS!!!!!!!!! AAAACCKKKKK!!!!!! I didn't even realize what I was doing. My daughter ate a s'more last night and I wasn't bothered by it at all.

Last night I had pizza for the first time in a month (I gave it up in May) and I have to say that it wasn't all that great. I was wishing I had a salad to munch on instead. So that's living proof that after a month, we can all lose our intense cravings for sugar for more healthy alternatives!!

Hang in there! We can do it!

Angie :)

I made it through my first day and lived to tell about it! I have to admit, there were a few times that my hand moved towards the cookies. But I remembered at the last second that I wasn't supposed to eat them, so I didn't:) It's amazing how ingrained these things are, that we don't even think about what we're eating, just shove it in our mouths!

Today the cravings aren't so bad. I am descending into PMS though. This is a test worthy of .... well, someone much stronger than me:)

I am doing ok with it as well. No major cravings etc but I know that can change! I have a few gatherings to get through where there will be temptation. I can do it though:)

Terri

I had Boca patties and French toast with a little maple syrup but the way I do maple syrup makes most people think "eating disorder". Just a hint. The serving size is a quarter cup. Gag. I am going to make a pitcher of green tea because when I drink green tea I am more sensible about my choices. I may as well knock off the cherries too. I will not be going back to Costco so the excessive cherry consumption is at an end for the moment. No sweet sweets sound particularly appealing.

Angie, I only ever eat good pizza because eating mediocre pizza is depressing and life's too short to not eat pizza you love. We have three places in Tucson where the pizza is worthy of my love and they are far away. Rich is making scallops tonight which he does very well and I am making gazpacho. I love summer! Eat lightly, eat well!

Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

I survived yesterday! At the store, I bought a great big ole box of Sugar Free variety box of Popsicles, Fudgesicles and Creamsicles. I had one of the creamsicles and while it wasn't as good as the "real" ones, I was pleased.

Today, so far so good! I really needed this challenge because I watched my aunt die of type 2 diabetes this summer at the age of 77. In the year before she passed away, she had both legs amputated at the knee and the doctors wanted to go back and amputate some more, but they finally decided she had been through enough. That being said, my grandfather had diabetes, my uncle has it, and now my mom has it (luckily, she is controlling it through diet and isn't on insulin "yet"). I KNOW that it's in my genes!
Sarah

It is 11:30 AND i HAVE MADE it so far. I had 2 lowfat blueberry muffins for breakfast with half the calories and sugar orange juice.And I will be having tuna with light mayonnaise and fatfree crackers. I did it yesterday and I see myself doing It againg today. This month will be good for me because my will power for sweets was going down hill. Well check in this evening and hope I have restrained myself.

kim

So far, so good. A coworker brought in treats for his birthday and I have managed to resist temptation. I am eating carrots instead. And with every bite of those crunchy orange sticks, I am imagining a soft chewy buttery cookie in my mouth. Unfortunately, my mouth ain't fallin' for it. I'll get used to this though. Since I just started reading Eat To Live, I am pretty much scared to eat anything that isn't a vegetable anyway. So I guess this was the perfect time to read that book! ;)

Darn, I can't even have atkins chocolate treats anymore. My tummy gets so big and I ate all the chewable gas x pills too! LOL! I think my digestive system might be more active than Stinky's when I eat that stuff. That is more information than ya'll need to know, but now you do! LOL!

Charlotte~~

Emily -

I read that book, too, and it's made me paranoid if I eat anything other than a vegetable, fruit, or bean!

It's tough when you're stuck at work and the food is just sitting there and everyone else is indulging. My co-worker, bless her heart, just filled our food container with fat-free pretzels this morning.

Angie

I'm doing well so far also. They just posted a notice here at work about a celebration tomorrow. They are having coffee and donuts. Guess I won't be heading down to the cafeteria tomorrow at all!!}(

Laurie Mac

i'm doing alright, although I did have a quaker granola bar on the way home from school today because i forgot my lunch. Ahhhh a little cheating : ) Tomorrow is a new day :)

I've done great both days. That was even after watching my DH pick up a Musketeers bar at the drug store last night. I just stared at him because it wasn't even an hour before that I told him I was off sweets for all of June. He said, "I won't eat it in front of you." Geee thanks! Ha! Actually, it didn't really bother me. We CAN do this! Two days down, 28 to go! http://www.gifart.de/gif234/haken/00004084.gif http://www.gifart.de/gif234/haken/00004084.gif

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I did well yesterday until around 5 PM. I was getting hungry and ate a handfull of trailmix. Oops. I forgot that there were some yogurt chips in this mix!

So far, so good today. Hang in there everyone!
Lorrayne

Well despite the SMIDGE of sugar i put in my coffee this morning, I haven't had any sugar. hooray!:+ I didn't have my stevia, and I refuse to eat artificial sweeteners... and plain coffee is just YUCKY. haha Sorry, i had to do it :9

I am another one that is making it!! I made peanut brittle for a get-together with friends and then had to cancel at the last minute. I took the peanut brittle to a friend who is very much enjoying it, while I DO NOT eat it!!

I am so proud of us! Day 2 and I feel pretty good. I am finding that I am eating better at my meals, since I can't eat snacks in between like I usually do.

Debbie~ I love the blue checks to help us count down!!

Keep up the will power ladies!

I probably shouldn't ask but I am going to. Can I have your recipe for peanut brittle so I can make it on july 1st :) I forgot how much I LOVE peanut bittle! I swear I won't make it until after june! Boy your friend is lucky!

TIA

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.