"clean" lunch?

trixie108

Cathlete
Hi all!

I am slowly trying to incorporate clean eating into my lifestyle, so that I actually stick with it this time!! But I need some ideas for a "clean" lunch. I work at an office so I can't cook anything, so it would have to be straight from the store or able to be made in the microwave. THANKS!! You guys rock!

RE:

The office of my ex-employer in NJ was right next to a Super Stop & Shop. when I used to go there on work, I would pop in and get a large salad at the self service salad bar in the store (Lettuce, Veggies, Fruit, A bit of pasta, boiled chick peas, limited non-fat dressing - had everything - carbs, protein and was so yummy!) I would also get non-fat milk in a single serving carton (for the calcium and more protein).

I am vegetarian and live in India, so no more ideas from me.

~* Vrinda *~

RE: Clean lunch ideas

Hi Trixie - I can tell you that I got serious about clean eating one month ago and have already lost 6 pounds!. I work out very consistently with heavy weights (4DS, pyramids) and four 30 min cardio sessions and it was not until I cleaned up my eating that I saw results.

I bring my lunch now every day. When I cook dinner I try to right away put some of it away to bring for lunch. That's been either a nice salad with grilled chicken strips and veggies and one tangerine for dessert; or whole wheat coucous w/salmon filet & veggies; yesterday it was turkey chili and one slice of whole wheat bread and some cubed melon for dessert.

Keep small cans of tuna fish packed in water or small cans of chicken chunks in the pantry; if your in a hurry you can grab one can, put some salad into a tupperware, grab and apple and your out the door.

Most important tip I can give you is to plan. When I go grocery shopping I look for quick and nutricious. Also search these forums for some wonderful quick recipes (chicken salsa in crockpot is wonderful). I keep this in fridge and have on whole wheat wrap.

Keep at it best of luck.
Carmen

RE: Clean lunch ideas

What about bringing leftovers from your clean dinner the night before and popping them in the microwave?

RE:

Bean salad (with black soy, kidney, garbanzo, etc. beans, and your choice of chopped black olives, pimentos, red onion, artichoke hearts...basically any veggies you like...and some italian dressing).

Wraps (the same bean salad can go in a sprouted grain tortilla, or use hummus and veggies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.