"Cathe Crazies" Website??

LuvCardio

Cathlete
Hi there. Was just wondering if any of you have ever thought of a website for all of us? :) ??????

I have a great family site that really doesn't take me much work at all. If there is a strong interest I figured I might be able to pull one together for all the Cathy Crazies. We could post pics, bios, key links, etc. I could probably commit to updating in once a week or so.

I found the Cathe forum site only a couple months ago and you all have already helped me soooo much! I figure this is one way I can give back to all of you wonderful people for answering my silly questions all the time. The support I receive on this site is so wonderful. It is so nice to know there are so many of you feeling my pains and my joins everyday:)

Let me know if there is truly an interest and I will start looking around for the best place to host it. I have my family site on tripd.com. However, I have had probs w/them in the past. Yet, they have really easy web development software. Does anyone have any good recommendations for free hosting companies? I also have Microsoft Front Page at home but would rather use something more simple to upload if at all possible.

If we do decide to do it we'll also have to have a vote of the NAME of the site. Maybe we'll have to have to have a post just for that if this website thing is a "go".

Hi Pam! I love your idea of having a place for pictures! It would be nice to put a face on the educated crowd that inspire us here! All you had to say was Cathe and "I'm in"!I'm not sure if you're familiar with www.fitnessvideofanatics.com Our very own "Cathe Gal" Liz has created this site for us fitness freaks to jot down our workout schedules, view other rotations that been tried and tested,check out recipes,links to fitness forums & success stories! It's really neat--- Everyone is in for a pleasant treat though with her new features coming soon! It will be loaded with more info and option features---stay tuned for her new debut! Your friend in fitness~~Francine

What a great idea! :) It'd be nice to know what our cyber friends look like-since we recently learned about eachother on another thread. Sounds like fun! Susan

I would definitely like somewhere where you can see each other. I hate seeing my photos, but I am willing to put a pic up for you all to see 'my ugly mug'.

Yen

What a great idea! I'd love to see the people I've been talking to. I think it would be especially inspiring to see the changes over time.

I'd love to know what all of you look like too! I loved the post "A Little Something About Ourselves" (or something like that), but it got me thinking, 'I wonder what all of these ladies (and gentlemen, Trevor) look like!?!' How will this whole think work? I am scanner/email/attachment illiterate. But I am totally pumped for this idea!!!

I don't use free hosting anymore, I got sick and tired of the junkmail and pop-up ads.

You can register a site with your-site.com, they offer 50 mg storage and 6 GB monthly data transfer. That's a heck of a lot more than you'd get through any free provider. It's also $5/month, although you do have to pay for 1 year up front the first year. You can try and offset the cost by having some sort of affiliate program, kinda like VF does. Their customer service is great, too.

I have my own personal website hosted through them, and I love it, although you might have to have webpage design software or know HTML pretty well, because they don't have the little page builders or HTML editors built in like tripod and geocities do.

Alright girlies..... the time is coming near!

When I was in Florida over Thanksgiving I had my cousin's hubby build me a brand new computer! (he is a techie sort:)) So... I should be getting the new computer within the next couple weeks. I figure it will be soooooo much easier to make it on the website on the new one instead of this ol' clunker that I will save a ton of time!

So... let's target right after the holidays I will start working on it:) I am off between x-mas and New Years and should have some time to at least start it then and then really get going on it after the Holidays :-jumpy

Please be thinking of ideas..... what all do you want in the bios? What else do you want? How do you want to structure the pages??? Your input is much, much needed and wanted!!!!!!!

-Pammer http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport001.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.