"Buffetgirl"

Boingo

Cathlete
I'm generally more of a lurker than a poster! And as I was lurking a month or so ago, I read the topic on what everyone was reading for books (I love to read good recommendations!).

Your description of "Lottery" got me! And I ordered it from the library and finished it today!

Thank you VERy much for that! I'd have to say that was the best book I've read in a very very long time! I fell in love with Perry, and to tell you the truth, I will miss him!!

So now, what's next? Any other good ones out there?

Thanks again,
Chris

RE:

Hey Chris! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Wasn't it one of those laugh, cry, oh-no-it's-over kind of stories?

Hmmmm, what's next? I'm not sure. I haven't had time to do a whole lot of reading over the holidays. Have you read Water for Elephants? I got a book about pigeons for Christmas, since I'm a birder, but I haven't started it yet.

I love it when someone starts a post asking what everyone is reading too. I always get lots of ideas. Whatever you pick up next, I hope you enjoy it!

RE: book recommendations

I love these posts, too! I just started "You Suck" by Christopher Moore. He's not to everyone's taste, but I like quirky humor.

Another book I read a while ago that some may enjoy is called "Castles in the Air." It's a couple years old now, but it's about a couple who bought a castle in Wales and went about restoring it. If you like home improvement project-type stuff, this is one for you.

I've also been reading a lot of Martha Grimes lately. I love her Richard Jury series as well as her other writing. "The Train Now Departing" is nice and short and an easy thing to pick up and put down when you're busy.

anne

RE:

I've been dying to read Water for Elephants! I have it on request at the library and have been waiting forever for it!

A friend is going to loan me Eat, Love & Pray this weekend. I've heard it was a fantastic read too.

I'm amazed that Lottery hasn't been on the best sellers list, it's a fantastic book. Maybe it's too new?

Hmmmm...Pigeons... I guess that wouldn't be for me, I'm deathly afraid of birds!! (was attacked as a child!!)

~Chris

RE:

Christopher Moore is an absolute hoot! I just gave my brother The Stupidest Angel for Christmas.

I especially loved Dirty Job by him. It had the same twisted humor but was richer in a lot of ways.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.