Wow, Cedie!

D

donna

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-01 AT 01:57PM (Est)[/font][p]I just previewed my five tape S&L, Power Hour and Rythemic Step. You look absolutely buffed and trim. It seem in the last 10 years, you just get in better and better shape. I am inspired because we share the same body "type" (I'm sure you can guess which body area that would be, LOL). I am going to work even harder at cleaning up my diet and really focusing while I work out.

All the participants looks just amazing! And Brenda? Could she be any cuter? All the new faces are great additions. And Jai, what a nice addition to the regulars.

Once again, a great job of leadership and backup! I thank you and Cathe and SNM for producing such top quality and safe workouts.

YOU ARE THE BEST. :D

Donna

I agree!!

I thought everyone looks fabulous!! Cedie...wow!!! You are just looking better and better. And Brenda... you are always smiling!! :) Even when everyone around you is grimmacing. What's your secret? ;-)

I just previewed my friend's five tapes today and now the waiting for the DVD's is even tougher!!!! Auugh!! In case you didn't notice... patience is NOT one of my strongest assets. Heehee.

Becky

I, too, want to add my compliments to Cedie. Cedie, where did you hide the baby fat? You look absolutely wonderful! I think you look trimmer after having your second child than you have ever appeared in any of the other videos. Congratulations in achieving your weight loss. Please don't lose any more or we will never find you. ;-)

I, too, want to commend the entire crew for taking the time in preparing for these challenging videos. It's hard to envision how difficult it must have been to do 4 strength and 1 cardio workout in 2 days! It's mind boggeling to think that you could probably heavy up even more if you actually only did one of these workouts per day!

Lorrayne

I agree

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-01 AT 11:49AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-01 AT 11:47 AM (Est)[/font]

When I originally saw this thread, I thought of how nice it was to have a tribute to Cedie and wanted to join in with a cheer for her, so that she could read all our positive comments and smile. Because this thread is no longer about Cedie, I am withdrawing my post.

Cedie has always been beautiful to me

Cedie has always looked great to me. She is one of my all time favorite cast members. She is very, very tiny in person and very beautiful.

I think it is rather mean to imply that she hasn't always looked great when truth is she has.

RE: Cedie has always been beautiful to me

Did I miss something? I read these posts again, and no one said anything mean. All I read were compliments about how great she looks, and how she just keeps getting better with time.

I think Cedie has gotten better and better too - not gone from bad to fantastic. I'm sure no one meant that Amy. (No one meant that Cedie !!!) Cedie, you're an inspiration - what's your secret?

"It seem in the last 10 years, you just get in better and better shape. I am inspired because we share the same body "type" (I'm sure you can guess which body area that would be, LOL). I am going to work even harder at cleaning up my diet and really focusing while I work out. "

From the initial post. To me, it was rather rude. Like when everyone speculates about Cathe's weight, her dress size, her diet.

Seems to me lots of folks out there are trying to be some body type they can't ever achieve.

So, I think I missed something in the original post. I still take it as a high compliment to Cedie. I think it is always inspirational when you can identify with someone who has your body type and you see what can happen with hard work. For me it is my yoga instructor. She is a pear but by golly she is one awesome looking pear. By no means has she ever been not fantastic looking but after a month at a instensive yoga camp she came back looking incredible beyond belief and everyone told her so. Now did this mean we thought she looked bad before, NO. It just meant she looks even more amazing now.

As for Cedie she does keep getting better and better all the time and so does Cathe. I just thought that last night as I did Step Jam. Wow, how they have all changed.

Nobody said anything mean about Cedie here, & nobody ever would. She is a beautiful lady with a brilliant smile & has been a favourite of mine from the very beginning. I was just thinking yesterday, as I tried to do Rhythmic Step without killing myself, how much I really liked Cedie & how thrilled I was she was present in the cast.
I find it hard to believe that Cedie would be insulted to be told how much her hard work & dedication has paid off. I would be thrilled if anyone said that to me!
I can't understand where all this aggression is coming from around here lately. It really isn't much fun. I can only assume it's the heat.
Ruth

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-01 AT 05:31AM (Est)[/font][p]I do not think there is any aggression here, but a difference in the way people who write post are perceived.

I offer my honest opinion -- I have never been a good "Stepford Wife" -- I have as much right to my opinion about Tae Bo, etc, as anyone else.

I know when I lost 30 pounds and went from a size 10 to 12 to a size 4 to 6, everybody had some type of comment. For example: "Wow! You look great!" "I always wondered why you had that big belly even though you work out." "How did you do it?"

Fact was, I was on medication that caused my weight gain -- when I quit the med, the weight came off within 4 months. Suddenly, I was more desirable, more accepted, more accepted.

Nevertheless, the well intentioned comments hurt me -- it was though I was nobody when I was a little overweight or didn't look thin. Society places too much value on women's looks and too little on their intellect.

>"It seem in the last 10
>years, you just get in
>better and better shape. I
>am inspired because we share
>the same body "type" (I'm
>sure you can guess which
>body area that would be,
>LOL). I am going to
>work even harder at cleaning
>up my diet and really
>focusing while I work out.
>"
>
>From the initial post. To
>me, it was rather rude.
> Like when everyone speculates
>about Cathe's weight, her dress
>size, her diet.
>
>Seems to me lots of folks
>out there are trying to
>be some body type they
>can't ever achieve.

Sorry you feel that way Amy. It was not intended to be rude but you are certainly entitled to your own perception.

I was not alluding to anyones weight. To clarify, Cedie has gotten tighter and more buffed IMHO. Weight was not the Cedie issue. She just looks great - then and now. She has inspired me.

:( Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Donna

I suppose I took it more personally than I should have, Donna.

I just remember when people thought they were being complimentary to me when my weight returned to normal -- they meant no harm I am sure. All the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" about my weight made me very insecure -- it was if I was less than human when I was heavier. It is a societal truth -- thinner people are better received than heavier people. Unfortunately, some people's bone structure and genetic make up makes it impossible for them to be very thin.

When I was heavier, I was still trying to be my personal best.

And when one colleague made that comment about "I always wondered why you had the belly with all that working out you did" it hurt me badly. The fact was I was on a high dose (60mg/day) of the antidepressant, Paxil, for six years and had gained 30 pounds (one of many negative side effects of this poison drug). When I withdrew from the Paxil (a horrible experience in its own right), my weight returned to normal with no modifications in my diet or exercise routine. I have maintained my weight now since October when I got off the Paxil.

So I didn't mean to sound harsh and I think I took the comment more personally than I should have because people are nicer to you when you are thin. Men notice you more, women are envious, it is really a horrible situation because you realize that you were nothing prior to the weight loss. Sometimes I just want to go back to the frumpy Amy......

I agree with you,Donna. Cedie and all the cast do look more buff -- just shows the beauty and effectiveness of weight training combined with cardio. Cathe Friedrich and the Firm have given me so much in the way of health,quality of life,achieving goals, etc. For every one hour I put into working out, I gain 1000% back in the gains (and not all gains are asthetic).

Finally, when you see the instructors/cast members from either the Firm or from Cathe in person, they are waaaay smaller than they appear on film. Cedie is a tiny lady -- she can't be much taller than 5 feet or so -- because I am 5 feet tall and she didn't seem much taller than me if at all. And I saw her with her baby at the roadtrip last Oct -- even postpartum she was tiny.

Thanks to all for sharing -- I am not the ogre some believe I am.

In reading all of this, I have to say that Cedie has been paid some really nice compliments. People always say," darn men, they get better and women just plain old age." I am 39 and feel great!! Now, Cedie is still a young woman, but I first saw her in MSB which has to be an early 90's video. Here we are almost 10 yrs. later and this woman and so many others, like my mom, just get better. So happy that there are so many good roles models out there for future generations. Why? Because women do get better. I recently heard "when a young girl is beautiful that is an accident of nature, but when a woman is beautiful later in life it is something she has created and worked for. Cedie and Cathe will probably make a video 30 years from now and I sure as heck know I am going to be stepping along with them! :) This is meant to be complimentary so I hope nobody feels a need to police this post.

Thanks for explaining, Amy!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-01 AT 12:47PM (Est)[/font][p]Donna's post quite unintentionally brought up some painful memories for Amy. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us, Amy. Hopefully, we all understand each other now, so let's give ourselves a big group hug and move on. :)

You all are the greatest group of people!

Veronica

Hi all,

I think Amy explained why she felt Cedie was paid a 'back-handed compliment' even though Donna was actually doing nothing of the sort. Hey Amy, I know all about Paxil myself, so I can empathize.

But regarding the original post, I'm glad that everyone seems to be on the same page with this topic...

Except me! I have one question and I know all of you will think I am the biggest bonehead on earth - mainly because no one else needed to ask this... but Donna, when you said 'I am inspired because we share the same body "type" (I'm sure you can guess which body area that would be, LOL)', what area were you talking about? Do you just mean Cedie's overall height, bone structure, etc. or did I miss something? I'm really curious!

Anyway, I'd like to say too that both Cedie and Rhonda are looking absolutely incredible - as does Cathe. If they're not the best advertisements for Cathe's videos I don't know what is!

Thanks for listening.
Joyce

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-01 AT 02:22PM (Est)[/font][p]I am no spring chicken (will be 47 in Oct). I pass for 30 to 35 easily. In fact, nobody believes I am as old as I am.

I live by these mantras:

DO NOT SMOKE
DO NOT TAN -- EVER
DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL

Work out on a regular and consistent basis -- it's not how intense a workout is if it is only sporadic -- better to use moderation and work out regularly. Find an activity you enjoy. For me, Cathe and the Firm are workouts that I enjoy with all that is me. I love the danciness and the music of Cathe's video and I also love the Firm because there is NOTHING like the 14 inch box barbell step ups -- the classic Firms are classic for a reason -- they work!

I am NOT the police here, but have every right to express my opinion. Besides, it keeps the forum more lively to have a variety of opinions expressed.

Most men my age and older look AWFUL!!!!!! Pot bellies, no energy, etc., etc. And in NE Tennessee most smoke and/or have dentures! YUCK!

LOL!

Today, women DO age better than men. They also live longer for a reason!

Yet, I am in in the field of public health and keep up with statistics on physical fitness. More men get the CDC's recommended exercise amount than do women. I have often wondered why to the point of conducting a research project on it (when I finish my dissertation).

Hi Amy,
I just wanted to say that when I mentioned "aggression" I wasn't referring to you personally, just the general atmosphere on the forum recently. It was starting to upset me, but that is my problem of course. I think I am starting to experience some unusual aggression myself because I normally stay out of other people's opinions. I can't exercise in this heat & it's starting to make me absolutely crazy. I apologize if anything I said seemed like an attack on you, I like you very much!
I understand completely what you explained. I think every woman understands it. Even a woman who has always been slender & beautiful (my sister) understands, because she believes that people either like her or hate her for her looks alone. And in many cases, she's right.
I know society makes me feel terribly insecure because of my overweight. Thank heaven we have each other & Cathe because other than my sister, this is the only real understanding support I have ever felt.
You are absolutely right that you can express any opinion you want to. I was just horrified that Cedie might feel hurt by anything said here. She is very obviously a beautiful lady inside & out.
Hope you will forgive me for butting in...
Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.