Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Where to start? New to Cathe

This is a discussion on Where to start? New to Cathe within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi candiceena, Welcome to cathe's forum . I am so glad you are loving her workout. There is a lot ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 AM
Cathlete
nckfitheart2009's Profile Fields

Hi candiceena,

Welcome to cathe's forum . I am so glad you are loving her workout. There is a lot of us who are committed and loyal to working out her at the comfort of our home regardless of the space availability.
I started almost six years ago.
What I would add to what has been posted is set your goals, plan your rotation in advance , try various type of workout and routine to avoid boredom and once you have gained some fitness knowledge look on the website and preview cathe's clips and description to choose work out you really like.
In my case it has happened I love almost the entire collection. Not beginners ones as I'd started beginners routines mainly cardio prior to joining cathe nation.

All the very best,

Fitness is not about being better than someone
else. It's about being better than you used to be.

======================================

Nathalie
Old 01-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Cathlete

Given what you said you like and the equipment you have, you might like Athletic Training from the Low Impact Series. It starts with a non-dancy step section (um, it's challenging!) and then moves on to total body sculpting...I can't remember all the equipment that's used, although I know at least one move uses tubing....her website usually lists the different equipment for each video and if it's something you don't have, you can always modify.

You sound so much like me when I first found Cathe. Except I love HiiT and Tabata. :-). This is how the Cathe addiction begins. FYI, I now own almost every one of her workouts (except about 4 which I know I'll never use). I remember how confused I was when I first started out, though, because there are so many workouts to choose from. That's why these forums are great....lots of help and good advice!

Hopefully you're aware of Cathe's deal of the day and coupons, which is a much less expensive way to add to your collection.

Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Hi there! So it sounds like you have a step, correct? If that's the case, I also recommend Athletic Training from LIS. Actually Cardio Supersets has a bonus step section too and that is a great one to start out with as well. Afterburn is awesome but pretty tough, so you might have to work up to that one! Since you mentioned you were interested in getting more barre workouts you'd probably love TurboBarre from LIS as well.

Crossfire and To the Max are two of my favorites (with great music!) and AMAZING calorie scorchers! They might be a little tough for you right now, but if you really want some weight/fat loss those are incredible . Of course, if I could do those several times a week I would but I need to keep my Hiit type workouts to 2 times a week or less.

Since you have a resistance band, you would probably love Travel Fit. Many great band exercises and the cardio is low impact. Good stuff!

For lower body Lower Body Blast and Butts and Guts are great. She uses a barbell in some parts but I always sub with dumbells. I think there was only one move in LBB that was a little awkward with the dumbells but otherwise it was fine. Oh and the lower body portion of LIS Trisets is terrific! Actually, if I were you I'd just get the whole LIS bundle. LOL

XTrain is also proving to have some great workouts that aren't super killer. I'm going to do the Low Impact Hiit today and on preview that looked awesome as well.

It's going to be hard to stop buying Cathe once you start!
mini-natty likes this.

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 PM

I'll second or third that you can sub dumbells for pretty much any barbell moves. I've been doing Cathe workouts on and off for over ten years and just started using a barbell this week. Now I wish I'd started using it sooner, but if space is a limitation, you definitely don't need one.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Catheite
Candiceena's Profile Fields

Hi ladies,

I thought I had posted a thank you earlier but I guess I didn't! I just wanted to thank you all for your help. I am proceeding slowly but surely with doing my workouts and have been checking the daily deal frequently to see what DVDs are available!