What's Your 'Phew!' Cathe workout?

C Rubin

I just did the Intensity Workout DVD. Phew! That workout flies, especially the step portion. Really gets my heart rate up. Which DVD makes you go "Phew!"? :eek:

The HIIT workouts definitely make me go Phew! I have not tried 40/20 yet, but I just downloaded it. I'm doing STS so I will break it out at some point in the rotation...I'm saving it so that I'll have something new somewhere along the way. Pyramid and 30/30 are definitely in that category for me, and so is To The Max. Oh, and Afterburn and Athletic Training (from LIS) the first section is a killer for me.

Eva

Oh, and Afterburn and Athletic Training (from LIS) the first section is a killer for me.

Eva

I agree--that Athletic Training DVD is deceiving. Proof that low impact doesn't have to mean easy. The first half hour is pretty intense. Guess it's all those compound moves. I really like that workout.

I love CrossFire and To The Max, those do it to me, but they are two of my new favorite go to workouts, especially after a cheat meal. And, HiiT 40/20 is pretty intense too. Oh and how could I forget Body Max 2!!!!!

My 'phew!' workout has always been hiit 40/20 and CCC (for cardio). As for strength, STS M1 (upper-body) always leaves me in the dust with all those push-ups :eek::eek::eek:.

Natasha

The Athletic Training DVD in the Low Impact Series has a very fast paced cardio segment that lasts only about 7 minutes but is the toughest Cathe workout that I've tried (I have a limited selection of workouts). The extreme premix puts you though this segment twice, and that's something I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to do without pausing (yes, you could say I was crazy to try to double up but I convinced myself that I could somehow conquer this segment if I did it often enough). I finally did make it through the extreme premix without pausing during the cardio work, and it felt like a major accomplishment.

I would have to say CCC - that one gives me an exercise induced migraine if I don't take longer breaks that Cathe and crew. (Or at least it used to, I haven't done it in awhile.)

CycleMax Extreme! There's something about spinning that length of time that makes me feel very accomplished when I finish :cool:

Lisa

I would have to say CCC - that one gives me an exercise induced migraine if I don't take longer breaks that Cathe and crew. (Or at least it used to, I haven't done it in awhile.)

I just did Cardio Core Circuit this am. Definite phew factor. Really gets the heart pumping. A great choice when you don't have a lot of time but want both cardio and ab focus.

I'm adding 40/20 to this list. I did this for the first time yesterday and it was very challenging. The good news is that it was not as horrible as I imagined it, but I definitely had to add a few extra seconds between some of the sets. What I liked about it was that it has an extra minute every three cycles...that makes a big difference. 30/30 does not have that. I liked it and look forward to getting better at this workout.

Core Caridio Circuit is a major "phew"! workout for me. I can get through the cardio but haven't mastered all of the core moves.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.