What is your next rotation going to be after STS?

lightening16

Cathlete
I was just wondering what people are thinking of going to after STS or if they are going to repeat STS. Just Curious

Heather

Nap Max. :D

Kidding aside, I'm doing a 6 month rotation, and I'll be thrilled if I can get through that injury and illness-free. If I manage that, I'll probably play with some circuit workouts post-STS before venturing into heavy weights again.

I am down to 3 choices

1. Buy the Terminator and do a circuit rotation for a month. I have other circuits, but this would give me an excuse to buy another workout :)

2. Do a full body rotation alternating MM, SS, PP

3. Stick with the 3 day split and buy Gym Styles - oooh, more new workouts:D:D

I think after that month, I am going to play with the Pyramids again for 3 weeks, I lovelovelove Pyramids, then retest and embark on a 6 month STS journey. I am doing the 3 month rotation now.

Decisions, decisions.....
Nan

just my two cents

I am down to 3 choices

1. Buy the Terminator and do a circuit rotation for a month. I have other circuits, but this would give me an excuse to buy another workout :)

2. Do a full body rotation alternating MM, SS, PP

3. Stick with the 3 day split and buy Gym Styles - oooh, more new workouts:D:D

I think after that month, I am going to play with the Pyramids again for 3 weeks, I lovelovelove Pyramids, then retest and embark on a 6 month STS journey. I am doing the 3 month rotation now.

Decisions, decisions.....
Nan

I'm not doing STS (no funds) but if it were me I would suggest buying gym styles and then doing a nice rotation with that and report back with your results. Let us know how it goes,

Alisha

I am going to join a gym and take it from there! I am really too intimidated to join now...plus all my moula went to STS!!

Don't know, but...

DH actually wants to do STS over again when we finish! :eek:

That's pretty good, considering that I thought he'd drop out after the first week!

I'm doing the 6 month rotation. But I'm thinking when I finish, I'll do the three month as I will be well familiar with all the workouts!

Jo

I am going to play around with all of my workout for 1-2 months, and after a nice recovery from a long rotation, I plan to do a CLX rotation. That's the plan for now :)

I plan to take a recovery week and then do kettlebells for 2-3 weeks. By that time I should be able to start a 6 month STS rotation.

Alas, I did not get STS, but I love reading all the posts from folks and Cathe on their progression.

I am on the last week of the October 2008 rotation. I love the results. I was thinking after a few days of rest, I'd try some circuit work outs.

Carmen.

I'm thinking of buying 4 Day Split and trying that out for a bit, maybe, I'll work it in with Meso1. I really miss Meso1 I just loved the 1 set format.

I will definitely do another full STS rotation this year as well.

I've been thinking of doing STS again - maybe just 3 months the next time. I've also thought that I might try doing something like mini-mesos, where I would alternate endurance and strength workouts more frequently - say, do the 3 Gym Styles workouts and then follow that with Muscle Endurance. Then do the S&H series followed by a Meso 1 week. Etc.

I'm taking four week off after the 6 1/2 month rotation and then I'm going to do the 3 month rotation. I'm planning on setting aside one day a week to retest most of my 1RM's, but I'm not sure what kind of rotation I'll do yet. My body responds really well to 1 time per week per body part, so I'm not really keen on veering from that. Other than taking the day to do a variety of 1RM's.

Not sure, but probalby mix some circuits with full body with GS...guess that covers about everything;)

Then when I get STS cardio, I´ll do STS over again!

Circuits for me. My goal will be to drop the few extra pounds of fat I gained while adding muscle with STS, then going back to STS to build again... but I'll probably sneak CLX in there since I already bought it. ;)

I have the rest of the year planned out!

After hubby and I complete this first round (6 month rotation) of STS, we plan to take 2 weeks off of any structured weight rotations. Then we are picking it up with a 6 week Gym Style rotation, sticking with the 3 day split. When that is complete we'll rest for another week and then it is onto another rotation of STS, this time doing just a regular 3 1/2 month rotation. Then we'll take another 2 weeks off any structured weight rotations again, bringing us to the end of the year. I put all of this on my Cathe calendar using the stickers so it is "official" (hee hee). I haven't planned what hubby and I will do at the start of next year but I'm thinking a few weeks of Slow and Heavy sound nice. (and I know for sure that STS will be in the mix!!)

I sure can't wait for Shock Cardio so I can add that to all my weight training!! ;)

Denise

I'm doing the six and 1/2 month rotation. When I'm done, I'll probably take a few weeks to revisit some of Cathe's other workouts. I've sorta missed the long squat segments with low ends and varied rep speeds (I know. Can't believe I said that, but I really have). I'm thinking about trying STS again, using undulating periodization. I saw this in some other posts and it would involve doing the first week of meso one, then the first week of meso two, then meso three's first week -- then, proceeding through the second week of each meso cycle in the same way ... and so on. That really appeals to me, for some reason and I'm seriously considering giving it a go.

I'm doing the six and 1/2 month rotation. When I'm done, I'll probably take a few weeks to revisit some of Cathe's other workouts. I've sorta missed the long squat segments with low ends and varied rep speeds (I know. Can't believe I said that, but I really have). I'm thinking about trying STS again, using undulating periodization. I saw this in some other posts and it would involve doing the first week of meso one, then the first week of meso two, then meso three's first week -- then, proceeding through the second week of each meso cycle in the same way ... and so on. That really appeals to me, for some reason and I'm seriously considering giving it a go.

Somehow my post was half-deleted.. so I'm posting it again...

I'm doing the 5-month rotation (only do Meso 3 once) and take August off for holidays. Then I'll be picking up STS again for a 3-month undulating rotation.
I have been reading about the undulating periodization and here's what I plan to do (I uploaded an STS Undulating Rotation in the Rotations tab). Tell me what you think:

WEEK 1: Meso 3 Week 1
WEEK 2: Meso 1 Week 1
WEEK 3: Meso 2 Week 1
WEEK 4: Meso 3 Week 2
WEEK 5: Meso 1 Week 2
WEEK 6: Meso 2 Week 2
WEEK 7: Meso 3 Week 3
WEEK 8: Meso 1 Week 3
WEEK 9: Meso 2 Week 3
WEEK 10: Meso 3 Week 4
WEEK 11: Meso 1 Week 4
WEEK 12: Meso 2 Week 4

Basically, it's one week of Strength (Meso 3) followed by one week of Endurance (Meso 1) and one week of Hypertrophy (Meso 2).

I am wondering about a few of things, though...
1. Should one follow the DVDs as they are or arrange body parts to fall on the same day each week?
2. Should one do legs as they are planned in the STS rotation (3rd day in Meso 1, 2nd day in Meso 2 and 3) or do them on the same day each week?
3. When should a rest week go?

Chris.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.