Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

What was hardest when you started Cathe/working out?

This is a discussion on What was hardest when you started Cathe/working out? within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Oh i hope u come back and tell us what u think aboout each of the workouts. I love bodyblast ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Oh i hope u come back and tell us what u think aboout each of the workouts. I love bodyblast but it can be tricky. I also love step jumpp and pump as well! That is on that same dvd.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 AM
Catheite
lcsavik's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post

LOL, I should have recorded my first time with Step Blast too . ITA with the above posted. I LOVE step workouts with a learning curve .

And good for you Candiceena for not giving up! It does get easier, so hang in there sweetie . BTW, do you have Step Blast? That one is absolutely wonderful IMO because the step-choreo is complex, but it is not very demanding (steady-state cardio). BUT THEN towards the end () you get to the "blasts" section, where your cardio endurance is put to the test (you may go aerobic/anaerobic). I believe there are 3 "blasts", so you can gradually build up to them, doing only *1* and then as you get better, all 3. The music is incredible, and builds with the intensity. Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones anyone? Oh my, you can't get any better than that .

Good luck!

Natasha
Paint it Black was the whole reason I got Step Blast. At the time there wasn't much to choose from for cardio workouts and I was getting sick of the Firm's Super Cardio. I wanted pure cardio with no wt work. I had done Bootcamp a few times and decided to see what Cathe had. I watched the Step Blast clip, heard Paint it Black and bought bc of that song. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.
I'm going to have to do SB this week.
Oh FYI if u just bought The BB series, SJP has very simple step work. Also, the Timesaver DVD has just a few cardio sections on each day so you can work on it a little bit at a time and still get one body part pretty well worked. Don't feel bad if you don't get the steps down your first time. I watched the videos several times just for fun. Lol then even rewound parts that I had trouble with. Expect to get confused. Don't get frustrated though. Just chill out and try more on a different day.
That method worked for me. Not to brag or anything but when Step Moves came out I felt where Cathe was going and didn't have any trouble learning it. I watched it once and made it through with very few mistakes my first time. This is after a decade or more of working out with Cathe.
mini-natty likes this.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
Hi ladies,

I am glad to hear that the 3-left feet feeling will wear off Slowly but surely I feel like I am getting better and better at learning the step choreography and I also am feeling more coordinated. It makes me SOOOO HAPPY when I can get through a whole combo w/o messing up once (it is a rarity though, at least for now haha).

I'm actually super excited because last week I ordered Body Blast series and Low Impact series when they were the DOD and I just got them tonight!! I'm super excited to have some new additions to my Cathe collection! I noticed Step Blast is in the Body Blast series so I am thinking of poppipng that one in tonight
Excellent choice! You are going to love the Body Blast Series . Something about that series just makes me so happy . I also enjoy the LIS . Have fun!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Cathlete
mini-natty's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsavik View Post
That method worked for me. Not to brag or anything but when Step Moves came out I felt where Cathe was going and didn't have any trouble learning it. I watched it once and made it through with very few mistakes my first time. This is after a decade or more of working out with Cathe.
I just did Step Moves the other day and was pleasantly surprised at how far I've come with complex-step. I have no problem following Cathe's directions and cue's. When I started doing step in 2011, I felt a bit discouraged and overwhelmed. But I decided I would push through and keep pluggin' away. I can't tell you how happy I am to have learned complex-step because I absolutely ADORE it . Exercise so much more enjoyable when you are having fun .

All the best everyone
Old 01-30-2013, 05:03 PM
Catheite
lcsavik's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-natty View Post

I just did Step Moves the other day and was pleasantly surprised at how far I've come with complex-step. I have no problem following Cathe's directions and cue's. When I started doing step in 2011, I felt a bit discouraged and overwhelmed. But I decided I would push through and keep pluggin' away. I can't tell you how happy I am to have learned complex-step because I absolutely ADORE it . Exercise so much more enjoyable when you are having fun .

All the best everyone
Good for you! Step Moves is so much fun. Complex step doesn't feel like working out even though Cathe throws in some intense goodies and makes me sweat. I guess I don't realize how much I'm working when I'm having fun.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Cathlete
firemedic's Profile Fields

I started watching Cathe on Fit TV when I was home recovering from surgery. I saw KP&C and had to have it. When I got it, I cannot believe how much more of the workout there was that was left off the TV version. But I fell in love with it and legs and glutes. Then I started ordering more and more of Cathe's dvd's and I have to say that for step, you cannot go wrong with her older step dvd's. My first was rythmic step. I remember thinking, how can I ever make it throught this. But, eventually, you do. Even today, I still love Cathe's older step dvd's. They are easy to follow but longer and you still sweat a lot. I hope Cathe gets back into step soon. Even if it's just 1 or 2 routines.