Want to know about Core Max

rcook

Cathlete
OK ladies, let me know what you think about this one, this is the one I want to order, but I want feedback please:7 ...
Is this one a KILLER or what??? lol :7 ....Rhonda

Hi Rhonda....I only did the first one of Coremax yesterday. What I liked was some new moves like this one called the corkscrew! And of course the dreaded planks. Not sure if they are harder with or without the stability ball...:)...the toughest thing for me were the levitations and they were in the warm-up....I cannot get my tush off the floor x( practice, practice!!....:)...Carole

Hi Rhonda,

I did the the first workout just now. Like Carole, I really liked the corkscrew. She also had a roll in plank with your feet. I felt it immediately deep in the core. My core was already turned on from Imax 3, so I felt the burn right away. I actually took my shoes off for the Levitation move. It was a lot easier without having the weight of the shoes.

HTH
Aila

I did the stability ball section yesterday and thought the exercises were fun and effective. I could really feel them, but didn't think the workout was too hard. There is absolutely no rush to this workout and she gives you a bit of recovery time between exercises, which allowed me to regroup and really concentrate on form. There are 3 premixes: Balanced Core (22 min), Complete Core (21 min) and Tough Core (18 min), so I think there's probably something for most levels.

For a 20 min workout, the time flew!

RE: Soooooooooooooooosan!

Thanks, Kathy! You're so nice. I tried to find my daughter's stuffed squirrel for the pic but it was nowhere to be found.

Not that Rocky's stuffed, mind you. He just won't sit still for a picture. (He's been doing a mish-mosh of the Challenge section of Kick Max and the Blast Only section of Imax3 over and over since yesterday morning.)

Since I don't get mine till Friday, I was wondering is the corkscrew move the one I see in a lot of books keeping legs straight over your hips & you lift with straight up & then do a twist? I have done this but am just curious. Another move that I was wondering if Cathe has incorporated is barbell rollouts, I like to do this one in place of the ball rollouts Cathe does on SS. I am just sitting here making all of these little plans in my head and taking notes. Can't wait.
Diane Sue

Hi Diane Sue,

Yes, the corkscrew move is like what you've said. I haven't done the second or third segment yet. The first segment had no equipment. I am sure Susan can respond to the question about the ball. I plan on doing that section tomorrow.

HTH
Aila

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.