Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Video & DVD Questions and Comments

Video & DVD Questions and Comments Feel free to ask or make comments about any of our Cathe Friedrich videos and DVDs.

Turbo Barre - shoes?

This is a discussion on Turbo Barre - shoes? within the Video & DVD Questions and Comments forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Originally Posted by momto4 After I read the book "Born to Run" it totally changed my thinking. I had previously ...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 PM
Cathlete
buneknek's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to buneknek

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4 View Post

After I read the book "Born to Run" it totally changed my thinking. I had previously had both PF and a heel spur. I ditched the shoes for everything except high impact exercise and it did the trick within weeks. I too had been told to wear supportative shoes, never go barefoot, ect. Now I'm always without shoe unless I leave my house or I'm doing high impact training. For running I wear a thin soled shoe with no pronation correction and it has drastically changed my feet for the better.
What kinda shoes do u wear for running?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

I tried bare foot but so many feet problems, i cant keep balance at all thanks to surgeries. As for running i have to have cusion because i have bony patrusions in thre points heal and ball of foot under big toe and lottle toe. So no minimalist running shoes for me. I tried. ,
Old 01-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by buneknek View Post
What kinda shoes do u wear for running?
I wear Newton running shoes. They've helped to change from a heel strike stride to a mid foot /fore foot strike. I love them, I really can't say enough good things about them. My running times have improved, my heel spurs are gone, they've been a godsend for me.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto4 View Post

I wear Newton running shoes. They've helped to change from a heel strike stride to a mid foot /fore foot strike. I love them, I really can't say enough good things about them. My running times have improved, my heel spurs are gone, they've been a godsend for me.
YEAH! I wear the same shoes for almost a year now. I love my distance u Newton shoes!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Catheite

Quote:
Originally Posted by buneknek View Post
YEAH! I wear the same shoes for almost a year now. I love my distance u Newton shoes!
Just an FYI...I buy mine thru runningwarehouse.com. They sell them often at a liquidation price which is $30-$40 less than other places and there is a facebook coupon code you can look up that's another 15% off. They have great customer service and usually free 2 day shipping.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

Or you could try a pair of soft sole ballet shoes (don't forget to sew on the little elastic strap, they often don't come with it attached.) The other alternative would be a soft soled jazz shoe, thats the way I am going to go. I just get them online through Capezio, but you might want to go to a local dance supply store to try them on to be sure you get the right size. They are best worn with a true dance tight and usually don't cost too much, about 30-40 dollars, sometimes less.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Cathlete
complik8td's Profile Fields

That is very interesting about the connection between your foot ailments and exercising in bare feet. You all are making me want to go barefoot, but my feet are SO COLD. I workout on a vinyl floor. Maybe I should just suck it up!

Last edited by complik8td; 01-28-2013 at 04:48 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Cathlete

Momto4 thanks for the info. I will look it up I want to get one.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Cathlete

If it's cold, I just put on socks. Same as being barefoot, but warmer.