STS and Lower Body...Pear

Stacy

Cathlete
I'm going to embark on an STS rotation come January. I'm short and pear shaped and have about 15-20 lbs to lose to be at my "comfortable" weight. I carry most of my weight in my thighs, hips, butt.

I worry that STS does legs only once a week and wonder if that is enough. I have a busy work schedule and know I will in reality not have time to add in any extra cardio on STS strength days. Realistically I will be able to workout 5 days a week, on occasion 6 days. How can I best optimize STS to lose body fat, and thighs I'm not afraid to show off in shorts?? (My diet will be clean so would like to focus more on STS in this post) Thanks!

Upper
Cardio
Lower
Upper
Cardio

Is that enough cardio and legs?? Maybe replace the 2nd cardio with something like XTrain Cardio Leg Blast? My other New Year's goal is to run my first 5K (I'm not a runner but aspire to be someone who can run). How do I fit this all in to best achieve my goals??

Hi Stacy - I'm just finishing STS - I did STS 3x per week, then a Cardio Leg Blast-type day and then a kickboxing. When it came to Meso 3 I did both squat rack and plyo (so 4 STS a week).
In other words - exactly as you said, doubling a cardio workout as a second leg day.
Also, I thought I might try running next year - I looked at C25K, which looks really do-able.
All the best,
Justine

PS - next Monday I'll be doing my final STS workout - I'll let you know the results of my thigh measurements pre and post the 6 month rotation :(

I worry that STS does legs only once a week and wonder if that is enough. I have a busy work schedule and know I will in reality not have time to add in any extra cardio on STS strength days. Realistically I will be able to workout 5 days a week, on occasion 6 days. How can I best optimize STS to lose body fat, and thighs I'm not afraid to show off in shorts?? (My diet will be clean so would like to focus more on STS in this post) Thanks!

Upper
Cardio
Lower
Upper
Cardio

Is that enough cardio and legs?? Maybe replace the 2nd cardio with something like XTrain Cardio Leg Blast? My other New Year's goal is to run my first 5K (I'm not a runner but aspire to be someone who can run). How do I fit this all in to best achieve my goals??

2nd cardio leg blast is very good idea. You can also do any cathe compound dvd such as High step training. Lower body blast or Lean leg and abs. I would create a confusion in this way. For example when you are on meso 1, do cardio leg blast which is moderate to heavy program. When you are on meso 2 add LBB/or high step training or even turbo bar which is a high rep.I would also do a long steady pace dvd per week. If you like step you have choice;).
You would need more extended stretch. It is recommended to do plyo only once per week.

HTH and all the best,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.