stability ball abs- wedging the ball b/w your butt and ankles

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Hi! In Cathe's HSC and BS/BF stability ball abs, she has segments where she has you lie on your back and pick up the stability ball by wedging it between your butt and your ankles. Then you do reverse crunches, holding the ball. I *cannot* for the life of me keep that ball wedged; it always drops. Is there a trick to this? My ball is not the same as Cathe's. It's a Swisel ball, which has a different surface texture. Could this be the problem? I should say that my core is very strong; I'm good to go for all the IS core work, and and pikes on the ball are not a problem for me. So, why can't I keep that ball wedged into my butt???

Thanks!
Sandra

Hmmmmmm. Most interesting. No replies to my question. I must therefore conclude that no body is capable of doing this. }(

Sandra
-wonders if anyone actually does the stability ball work on BS/BF and HSC??

I think the ball is suppose to be wedged between your legs, like say when you would squeeze the ball between the knees working on your inner thighs. I don't ever recall trying to hold the ball between my butt and ankles..anyone else?

Sam

RE: stability ball abs- wedging the ball b/w your butt ...

i do those ab excercises... as a matter of fact.. the BF abs happens to be my favorite abs workout just cuz it's fun!! i do the wedging just fine! i have to hold hard though!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

roses.. no.. it's between your feet and butt... you but your feet ON the ball.. like you are going to do situps with your legs resting there.. but then you squeeze the ball and lift it up to do lower abs crunches...

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I think the trick is to make sure your legs are bare. I wear workout pants and have to pull them up to expose my lower legs so the skin "sticks" to the ball. That, along with the rubber on your workout shoes, tends to keep the ball in place. But, as you say, maybe the texture of your ball is different and that's why it doesn't work for you.

Good luck, Nancy

Think of holding the ball into your buttocks with your heels. If that doesn't work, then just hold the ball between your legs. You'll lose a bit of hamstring involvement, but it's better than not being able to do the move at all.

I have a real hard time doing this as well. My ball isn't "sticky" anymore and my legs just can't hold onto it. I just end up putting the ball aside and I do reverse crunches without it. Maybe if I wash my ball it will get sticky again. Haven't even had time to try that.
Debbie in OH

Thanks for the replies, gang! You mean the ball Cathe uses is sticky? Well, that explains it! My ball is definitely not sticky. I may just sub my medicine ball between my knees for those segments, like she does in ME and BC. :)

Thanks!!
Sandra

No, the ball is not sticky, it's just not slippery. Sometimes, if there is dust on the ball, it gets slippery.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.