sore calves

mabdoo

Cathlete
I did 4DS calves yesterday and they are killing me. Are GS that much harder? I always read how tough that is. I had to stop a few times because my calves were beyond toasty and my butt and back always need a break too.

I find the calf work in GS Legs to be quite a bit harder than that in 4DS. I was doing 4DS earlier this month but decided to do a week of the GS series this week. I couldn't make it through the calf section without a few breaks. And, worse yet, my calves have continued to hurt all week!

But it's a good hurt. :) I probably should do GS Legs more often, though.

Funny you should mention this - I did 4DS 3 days ago and my calves are still sore. I did a GS rotation a month or so ago, and recall that I eventually got to where I could finish the calves section. In fact, I started adding weight to it near the end. How it compares to 4DS calves, I can't say - it's been a while. I don't recall my calves hurting this much with GS, but that could be due to other factors (not the least of which may be a poor memory). I do think 4DS and GS are the only 2 workouts with really good calf sections.

My calves have been getting very sore after doing 4DS calves as well. I think it's hitting them from every angle that does the trick, and soo many reps. The first time I did 4DS after a couple months away from it, my calves were sore for days. I couldn't believe how sore they were.

OUCH!

I have the same issues with the GSL workout and calves (one other DVD too but can't remember which one it is)! I did them about a month ago and had MAJOR DOMS for a week in my calves... so bad that it was hard to get out of bed in the mornings without a calf massage! Now, I chose to do only HALF the calf workouts whenever they come up and still get DOMS, just not the debilitating ones from my first time! I'll work up to the entire workout later! ;)

When I do GS calves, I nearly puke. That is the absolute truth, it honestly messes with my tummy. I get DOMS for a week for real. I think my calves are badly out of shape compared to the rest of my leg muscles. I don't own 4DS so I cannot speak for that one!

Clarissa

4DS Calves are killer with the different angles. I just did that workout a few days ago myself and my calves (mostly one leg) hurt for 3 days. I wondered if I was the only...now i wonder if it'll will ever get easier!!! :rolleyes:

I have a harder time with 4DS than GSL calves. I think it is because 4DS stays so fast. I hurt for days after 4DS.

My calves are sore for days after 4DS calf work. It is a killer!!! I don't purposely work out my calves that often but when I do with 4DS...ouch!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.