Slow and Heavy Tapes

meg512

Cathlete
Hi everyone, I am trying to do each slow and heavy tape twice a week, but due to their length plus the fact that I also need my cardio, I am having an extremely difficult time squeezing them in. I know that Cathe says at the beginning of each tape to do it once and not more than twice per week. I do want to gain strength from this series. Does anyone know if using them just once a week is really enough to do that or would it only maintain whatever muscle I have now. Thanks so much. Mary

I think it depends on how well your different "parts" resond. My chest and back don't need more work (I don't want to have to go from Large sports bras to Extra Large!), so I'm not using S&H tapes on them (PS or CTX instead). I'll use S&H for biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Once a week is plenty for the S&H tapes, in my humble opinion. Legs are a different matter for me, I have to work mine 3 times a week, so I do it at a gym to save time.

It's all according to what you want to achieve, and how your bod responds. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!!!! We all have different times that we can devote to exercise, also, so we always have to take that into consideration. Cut and paste exercise, that's the name of the game!;-)

Mary,
Why not try combining the S&H series once per week with another one of Cathe's full-body weight workouts another day per week? Since you are concerned about getting in your cardio, you could use BodyMax or Circuit Max for the second all-muscle day. I think you would still get the benefits of the S&H style. I'm interested to see what everyone else thinks about this also!
Cruncholi

>Mary,
>Why not try combining the S&H
>series once per week with
>another one of Cathe's full-body
>weight workouts another day per
>week? Since you are
>concerned about getting in your
>cardio, you could use BodyMax
>or Circuit Max for the
>second all-muscle day. I
>think you would still get
>the benefits of the S&H
>style. I'm interested to
>see what everyone else thinks
>about this also!
>Cruncholi

Hi Cruncholi, I don't have Circuit Max or Body Max. I did buy power hour and have MIS. I see that some people on the ask Cathe forum are going to do S&H one time each and then do Power Hour one time. That would be more doable for me. I wonder if that would still increase muscle strength because you are using two different types of lifting. I am no expert with this stuff, sorry to ask so many questions. Thanks. Mary

Mary,
It sounds like a good idea to do Power Hour once per week with the S&H series. I didn't realize you do not have CM or BM--sorry:) If you have any circuit training or cardio/weight videos, like Reebok Circuit Challenge, or KV Energy Sprint, that is just an idea of how to incorporate cardio with weights to maximize your time and still do each body part two times per week.

I don't think I could do S&H two times per week anyway. I did Chest & Back today, Biceps & Triceps yesterday, and will do Legs & Shoulders tomorrow--wow am I fried! I think I am going to try doing BM at the end of my week but I will probably have to go light! I'll post to let you know how it went. Good Luck!

Cruncholi

RE: Cruncholi and Mary

I think that doing the two different styles won't hurt the muscles' progress. I too, was concerned about the two different styles, but muscles respond better when they are confused, sooooo... I'm going to do S&H once a week each and Power Hour every Sat. Now, that's for this rotation. My next rotation will be a killer I think! It will include BodyMax, MIS, PH, IMAX, MIC, & RS. My main focus is always to build muscle, but I've noticed that when I focus on muscle building I also gain a little fat. So I do a higher endurance rotation right after a strength one to strip that excess fat away. Like HB said, just my HO! Good luck with what you decide!!

Aimee

I printed the rotations Cathe posted recently for Lori (How to Get in Shape for My Wedding). In one of the later rotations, Cathe suggests using S&H once per week. Ditto on the rotation that uses the PS tapes.

I feel like I have to work my muscles twice each week, & always use a full body tape with the PS series. But I think I'm going to give the S&H workouts a try at once/week. At least when they arrive, I'm waiting for the DVDs.

RE: Cruncholi and Mary

Thanks so much for the ideas everyone. Cruncholi, I was thinking that I do have the Firm classic tapes which mix cardio with weights so I could do something like that for extra cardio. Aimee, I saw your rotation on the ask Cathe forum and wondered if using the two different types of lifting would hinder the progress. It sounds like you don't think it would. That would be easier than trying to fit S&H in twice a week. I always do a total body weight day on Saturdays anyway so this would work for me. Your next rotations sounds like a real killer. Thanks again and good luck everyone with the new tapes. Take care. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.