SLOW & HEAVY REP SPEED VARIATIONS....

Stacy

Cathlete
Can someone comment on the results they've gotten doing a 4-4 rep speed with Slow & Heavy compared to the 6-2 speed done in the actual workout?

Thanks!

I've never done it but I bet Kathryn has! I think it would be beneficial since it would emphasize equally the positive and negative sides of the movement.

Clare

>I've never done it but I bet Kathryn has! I think it would
>be beneficial since it would emphasize equally the positive
>and negative sides of the movement.
>
>Clare

:)
Actually, I have, but just on the shoulder segments. Usually, I do a 3 down/5 up rep, or a 5 down/3 up rep, and sometimes a 2 up/6 down, to emphasize the negative and make the positive more of a power move. I mix up the reps in different ways, and hardly ever do the 2 down/6 up (the 2 down just seems so fast on this workout for some reason).

I don't do S&H enough to be able to say what specific results I get from it, or from any particular rep sequence, though.

I am just finishing up a 3 week rotation with S&H doing 4/4 count. I actually like it better and I really like the balance of the 4 up, 4 down count. I have been able to increase my weight for lots of excersies in the third week. I have also notice a size increase in my arms/shoulders/chest. I did very little cardio to let my body heal between workouts. I mostly did a little steady state cardio and HST (to keep my rear in place..LOL!). I will be doing endurance training next so will see if the strength gains pass over to my next rotation.
Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.