Slow & Heavy Chest & Back WOW!

mini-natty

Cathlete
The S&H series has always intrigued me, and since it was my Chest & Back day, I could not resist downloading it :p. For the first time in my life, I caught a glimpse of my pec muscles...they were quivering uncontrollably! The whole workout was incredible and effective. I thoroughly enjoyed training with a heavy weight at a very controlled, slow manner. You are forced to really concentrate on the muscle and use 0 momentum. My chest and back have been in a serious DOMS state for 2 days!

Needless to say, even with the release of Xtrain, I will purchasing the rest of this series :D. It's definitely one to have in your Cathe library :eek:.

Natasha

S&H is a great DOMS-inducing series (as you have discovered).
My only caveat is that it takes so much mental focus that it will drain you mentally as well as physically, especially if you do all 3 workouts in one week. I am always "wasted" after I run through S&H. I enjoy it, but have to psyche myself up to do it a couple of times a year. :eek:

Really ... I feel like someone should take me out to lunch when I'm done. :rolleyes:

sometimes being drained is the perfect distraction especially this time of year.
I'd take you to lunch if you lived in St. Louis:)

Man I haven't done this series in a few years. I do remember that was the series that gave me biceps. No flat biceps here anymore!
I'm going to have have to do a rotation with S&H soon.

My chest muscles went berserk after the chest portion in GS. I could hardly do the tricep portion afterward! Is S&H like that? Oh Natasha, my credit card is getting all quivery....yes, you are an enabler!!!;)

Yes, this is a great series. Thanks for reminding me! I think I'll pull it out and do these workouts as my weight workouts from now to the end of the year. I have time to do each one twice. :)

That should help me defend against seasonal weight gain!

Stebby

My chest muscles went berserk after the chest portion in GS. I could hardly do the tricep portion afterward! Is S&H like that? Oh Natasha, my credit card is getting all quivery....yes, you are an enabler!!!;)

Nancy,

The last time I had chest DOMS this bad was with PUB :eek:. What I love about it was that you really fatigue all the chest muscles before going onto back work. At the end of the chest work, as if your muscles are not toast enough, Cathe throws in S-L-O-W push-ups with a 2 count down and a 6 count up!!!! Really? REALLY? :eek::eek::eek:

BTW, I can foresee some pretty awesome results with this series. I admit that sometimes I let my mind wonder during
weight work :eek:, but with this workout I had to fully concentrate 100%. I was in a zoned-in S&H world. I actually really enjoyed this concept -- but I knew I would ;).

"talk" soon ;)

Last edited:
oh man, you have enabled me! I cannot resist!
Thanks, Tash!

Ohhh, how I love this thread...and this forum!
I just posted about loving the GS workout I did yesterday and the DOMs I had today.
Now I have to check out this one...and there's 20% coupon for downloads. Here goes my BTH money :p

Funny story about this workout.

So my mom wanted to start lifting wts last year. I gave her my S&H VHS set. A month later I asked her which one she liked best. She said "the chest and back work". I asked "why is that?" She said "my boobs are higher!"
Keep in mind my mom just turned 60 last month. I still crack up about this.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.