Slow and Heavy

jengollf

Cathlete
I am working my way through all of my new Cathe workouts. This week is Slow and Heavy.

WOW! You know it is doing the job when the DOMS is so bad you can barely lift your purse! I love these workouts!

It is kind of weird not to work up as much of a sweat as I'm used to, so I always do doubles on a S&H day. I do S&H in the morning and Cathe's HIITs in the afternoon. A perfect workout day!

I recently started doing the same of mixing HiiT with my weight workouts and I LOVE it. I do HiiT first which gets me all "warm and fuzzy" LMAO, and then go right into the weights(doing STS currently).

Wow. I love Slow and Heavy and can't even imagine doing another workout the same day! It's been great doing Legs with my Cathe 20 pound vest. I can go really heavy the first set and adjust from there. Sometimes I do the pyramid down approach with it to keep me motivated. I find Slow and Heavy to be mentally and physically challenging-probably why I'm spent after the workout.

My favorite of the three is Chest and Back. My arms and abs are worked out after it enough for me to consider it an upper body workout!

Beth

I've had S&H for a while but just noticed that under the Mix and Match its easy to do a specific body part, so today I did Back + 30min of cardio from KCM's QFC.

Actually S&H was one of the first weight workouts I ever did. I found it on FitTV, which is how I discovered Cathe, I think I used 2's and 5's the first time, LOL.

Wow. I love Slow and Heavy and can't even imagine doing another workout the same day! It's been great doing Legs with my Cathe 20 pound vest. I can go really heavy the first set and adjust from there. Sometimes I do the pyramid down approach with it to keep me motivated. I find Slow and Heavy to be mentally and physically challenging-probably why I'm spent after the workout.

My favorite of the three is Chest and Back. My arms and abs are worked out after it enough for me to consider it an upper body workout!

Beth

I don't do them one right after the other. I agree--when I finish a S&H I am spent and the muscles I worked are trembling. But I workout at 4:30am, then go to work. When I come home from work, I am ready to do some cardio--so that's when I do the HIITs. I will say that the day I did S&H Legs and Shoulders my legs were sore and protesting when I started the 40/20 HIIT after work. But even when I have DOMS my muscles always warm up pretty quickly and work normally during a workout. Though the DOMS comes right back afterward!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.