Should I or shouldn't I....Hardcore Series

wendymin72

Cathlete
I'm fairly new to Cathe and to step aerobics (been using her since mid dec) but not to working out. I am debating on the Hardcore series....I want to buy more Cathe...I have BS/BF, Cardio Hits, CTX series and CK/CM so far. I haven't even tried them all yet lol and I want more. Hardcore or something else?? HELP! :) If I go for Hardcore I will seriously have to pull back the reigns on future purchases for a while so if something else may better suit me at this point, I would rather spend the cash on that right now and wait on the Hardcore series...

Thanks.

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Hi Wendy maybe the hardcore series will be to much advanced in your situation. I think low max, core max and stretch max will be a great purchase.You can buy the body blast series too. Later you can try the IS and the ctx series.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

Hi Wendy! I agree, the HC series MIGHT be a tad bit too intense at this point. (I am just assuming by the ttile! :7) I think the "I" Series might be a next knotch up since you have the CTX. BTW, if you haven't tried CTX yet, go at it. Super series with great variety. Let us know what you decide. (Then again, if you can save $'s on the HC Series now, you MIGHT want to invest and save them in a closet til you feel more advanced. Just an idea.) Have FUN!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Well, I am slowly trying CTX...I have done the kickboxing and step and intervals. Like them both alot, although intervals did trip me up a little bit at the end!lol ;-) I still have the rest of the series to try out as well as the cardio kicks/circuit max dvd that I have AND I have yet to do step fit and step works from cardio hits.

The Intensity series as a whole definately interests me more than the Body Blast series for some reason so maybe I will steer in that direction for a future purchase and hold off on hard core until I am a "more seasoned Cathe-ite".:)

Thanks for the advice!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

i would go with the body max series next... then eventually the intensity series (or some of the non series)... then after you have mastered those (to a point) i would get the hardcores!

Hi Wendy,

I think that the body blasts are easily adaptable to a moderate level. The cardio workouts are fun, a blast as Cathe would say. The weight workouts are different then straight gym style lifting. I actually think your form, concentration, weight used, & times using the workout play a role on their effectiveness. L/G is easier for me to use then meaner legs yet still very effective & fun.

The Intensity Series (in a nutshell) is more intense. I really like the music. Shucks :+ I really enjoy this series.

I would usually recommend the BB, but from your post, I'm leaning toward IS. Look over the descriptions & decide what you want to focus on with your workouts. You might end up mix and matching. If money is tight, you could buy the IS and trade for the Timesaver DVD.

Have fun with your new workouts,
jordan

Hi Wendy,

IS, BB, of HC? What a terrible dilemma. Here are the reasons why each one of these would be great for you to buy right now. I'll let you decide what your priority is ;-)

HC: if you order now, you will get it cheaper than you will ever be able to get it again. Plus, once everyone gets their orders (in early Feb maybe??) you are going to be reading a thousand posts about how great they are, and wish that you'd purchased them. A downside is that many of these workouts might not be doable during pregnancy. Certainly IMAX3 and HIGH STEP CHALLENGE are out of the picture due to the anaerobic nature of the cardio; LOMAX might be perfect if modified. KICKMAX will require serious modification to take down the intensity (if it's anything like KPC). COREMAX could be of limited use, given the modifications that need to be made as your abdomen grows; planks and anything in the supine position are certainly out, as well as any crunches, etc that have you lying flat on your back. I also wouldn't thing V-Pikes would be very doable. STRETCHMAX sounds divine for the pregnant body, but you've already told me that you are avoiding yoga-type stretching, so you might not like this one. The weight workouts would probably be just great, if you were wanting to incorporate more of that, with the appropriate modifications. I doubt HARDCORE EXTREME will be a walk in the park, cardio-wise :) So, overall, limited cardio with this series, probably great weight work, but most likely going to be terrific for post-partum.

BB: this series is fun, fun, fun, fun!!! The trillion premixes on these dvds, plus the TimeSaver, allow you to get a workout at any level, and many different lengths. It is ideal for pregnancy, when you want to modify, and post-partum, when you want to kick things up a notch. Plus, there are no interval workouts that will have to sit on your shelf until after the baby's born. You can use all of these workouts starting now, and they will carry you through into post-partum very well.

IS: A superb series, but not very useful during pregnancy. You will have to leave IMAX2, BootCamp, and the Terminator workouts on the shelf until post-partum, or modify them so much that they would unrecognizable. This would leave you with cardio from only one workout: Cardio & Weights. It's a great workout, and would serve you well, but it would be the only one you would get any use of right now. Cathe created this series to help her get back into shape after her second baby, so it very much reflects that.

Well, despite my best intentions, I think it's pretty obvious that I'm partial to you buying the BB series :) And the music is fabulous!

Let us know what you decide!
Sandra

Wendy, just a suggestion, but why not wait until the workouts are released and view the clips and wait for reviews. It took me 2 years to acquire the Intensity series. As much as I love Cathe, there are workouts that, simply put, don't interest me. I'm not a gotta-have-it-all gal. Since Hardcore is soon to be released, you might as well wait and see what you want to compliment what you already have. You aren't going to save that much $ at this point in the game. I know it sounds strange, but I don't sell or trade videos, so for me it becomes a waste of money if I don't like workout.

I don't know what BS/BF is, but you might like Imax2/C&W, BC/ME or SB/SJP.

Hey all! Thanks for the responses!

After looking deeper into each series and thinking it through more...I have decided that BB is the one to go with so I guess it's safe to say that you were right!:)

Now, the question is...buy it now or wait to ask for it as a B'day gift in April? lol I'll figure that one out myself...I guess that'll just depend on how long I can hold out!:p}(

Thanks for the advice! I love this forum!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I'm new to Cathe , I asked myself the same question . Still doing the Firm, Tae Bo.Mindy Mylrea.Waiting for my first Cathe... The Hardcore series. But I just know I will like it !!!!.And I'm hoping it will be Hard. I'm hoping I dont go tooooo crazy and buy her 44 pack LOL.... actually I'm hoping by the time I have The Hardcore down she'll have a whole new set to buy !!!! And I will pre order that set too !!!:) :) :) :)

Oh boy, I understand how hard it is to decide on which Cathe workout to purchase next. You've gotten very good comments about the workouts already, and I think the ones you currently have are also very good and effective routines. I don't know exactly what your fitness goals are, and I noticed you have a due date -- Congratulations! But if you're looking for something you can take at an intermediate level and work up from there, I'm for the Intensity Series. I started out using low weights and just worked up to Cathe's weights in the Series. Since you're going to have a baby, you might want to get this. Cathe did this series about 6 months after she had her second baby, and when she says that this takes you to the next level, she means it. The BB series is "fun", but I still use my Intensities more.

Pinky

Hi Pinky.

Thanks for the congrats on the baby! = )

I want the Intensity Series too...but I have to pick one...I can't get both at the same time ;( even though I'd love to! lol

My first instinct on what I wanted was the Intensity series but I changed my mind...Maybe I will ask for the "I" series for Christmas this year! Then I can ask for Hardcore for my b'day NEXT year and by then she should have a new series coming out...OH BOY :eek: -will I ever catch up? lol

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.