RESULTS ARE IN!!! Ultimate Guide to Cathe's Workouts

dutchgirl

Cathlete
First, big thank you to all of you who took the time to score Cathe's workouts so that a ranking system could be developed. It was very much appreciated.

Below you will find all of Cathe's current workouts categorized and ranked from easiest to hardest. In addition to the ranking, you will notice a score next to each title. Each workout was scored on a scale of 1 to 10. A 1 represents a workout that is quite easy and is well suited for a beginner exerciser. A 5 represents a workout that is not easy, yet not very hard, and is well suited for a intermediate exerciser. A 10 represents a workout that has an 'OH MY GOSH' factor, is very intense, and challenges even the most advanced exerciser. Hopefully by including the score each workout received you will be able to pick workouts suited to your current fitness level.

Total Body Weight Workouts
1. How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding (weight portion only)- 3.44
2. Push Pull- 5.54
3. Supersets- 5.94
4. Power Hour- 7.55
5. Maximum Intensity Strength- 7.72
6. Muscle Endurance- 7.83

Upper Body Workouts
1. Basic Step Upper Body section- 3.67
2. Pure Strength Back, Biceps, and Abs- 6.65
3. Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps- 6.85
4. CTX Upper body- 7.65
5. Slow and Heavy Chest and Back- 7.83
6. Slow and Heavy Biceps and Triceps- 7.87
7. Slow and Heavy Shoulders (part of S&H Legs and Shoulders- 7.95
8. Pyramid Upper Body- 8.15

Lower Body Workouts
1. Basic Step Lower Body section- 2.71
2. Slow and Heavy Legs (part of S&H Legs and Shoulders)- 7.53
3. Pure Strength Legs and Abs- 7.60
4. Pyramid Lower Body- 7.83
5. Legs and Glutes- 7.96
6. Leaner Legs- 8.70

Step Cardio (where step cardio is the dominate feature in the workout)
1. Basic Step- 2.64
2. How to Get in Shape for Your Wedding (step portion only)- 4.15
3. Step N Motion 1- 4.33
4. Step Heat- 4.94
5. Step Jam- 5.14
6. Mega Step Blast- 5.38
7. Step Max- 5.46
8. All Step- 6.14
9. Step Fit- 6.74
10. Power Max- 6.90
11. Rhythmic Step- 6.96
12. Step Works- 7.05
13. Step Blast- 7.50

Other Cardio (where step in NOT the dominate form of cardio)
1. CTX Kickbox- 6.31
2. 10*10*10- 6.42
3. Cardio Kicks- 7.07
4. Kick Punch & Crunch- 7.66
5. Maximum Intensity Cardio- 9.55

Circuit Workouts
1. Body Fusion- 4.31
2. High Step Circuit- 5.27
3. Cardio and Weights- 6.79
4. Power Circuit- 7.00
5. Step, Jump, & Pump- 7.20
6. Circuit Max- 8.47
7. High Step Training Advanced- 8.80
8. Body Max- 8.98
9. Bootcamp- 9.05

Interval Cardio
1. Step and Intervals- 6.94
2. IMAX 2- 8.97
3. IMAX- 9.46

Compilation DVD's
1. Timesaver- 5.90
2. The Terminator- 9.77

The most popular Cathe workout (the workout that received the most votes) is IMAX 2!!!!!!

Hope people find this helpful when considering future Cathe purchases and making recommendations to friends and family.

Thank you very much! This list definitely confirms some things for me, and will help me make better choices depending on how I feel. I'm glad to see that Step Works is rated high, because I did it yesterday, and was surprised at how intense it was.

Thanks,
PennyLaney

Thank you so much for doing this, Sabine! I'll keep this as a handy reference. A few of the rankings surprised me a bit, but maybe that's because it's time to increase my weights on a few of the workouts.

Excellent work!
Sandra

This is great Sabine and to everyone who took the time and rated the workouts. I am going to print it out and keep it handy. Thank you!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

I'm a recent Cathe convert and this information is so very valuable to me. Imagine my surprise finding that SuperSets is a 5.94 on the Richter Scale when it kicked my booty from here to China so completly. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep from passing out once I get my hands on Muscle Endurance!!!! But thanks for the warning!!!:7

Thanks for all your trouble Sabine...this is fun! The thing that surprises me is that nothing got a 10...reminds me of figure skating! ;)

Thanks again,
Ruth

RE: RESULTS ARE IN!!! Ultimate Guide to Cathe's Workou...

I"m not sure how many votes it was, but it must have been alot. Sabine posted on VF and the Ya Ya's and there were many responses on both boards from people who regularly work out with Cathe, so I'm confident in these rankings. Especially since the workouts I've done are pretty well aligned with the rankings she's posted.

This is great Sabine. THANKS so much for all your hard work on this project. I know everyone appreciates it, especially newcomers.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Sabine thanks bunches for doing this! You rock!!!!!
Tishee

I stopped tallying total number of respondents after 60. Since the workout average scores were being calculated by adding each workouts scores, then dividing that total by the number of people who had scored that workout, keeping a total tally became a pain.

IMAX 2 had over 40 responses!

Step N Motion 1 had the fewest responses at 7.

I'd say the average number of people who scored a workout was around 25.

Thank you so much for your efforts. I've printed the info and will refer to it for future orders while I wait for HARDCORE to be completed. Again, thank you.

I'm so relieved to see that Leaner Legs rated so high -- those static lunges really get me! It's short, but it kicks.

Thanks to all those who voted, and to you Sabine, for putting this list together. I am fairly new to Cathe and this will help me when I choose to buy her workouts.

:)

Thanks so much for this. I actually printed it so that I can have it as a guide. I, too, am new to Cathe and so this really helps.

:7

Thanks for the hard work! Now, would anyone (maybe you Dutchgirl, prettyplease!)give a rundown of calories burned for each one of these when done to match Cathe?? I think that would be equally useful to some of us.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.