Results and comments on MIS/Power Hour/Body Max??

RWattier

Cathlete
Just want to know what everyone thinks about these workouts? I really like hard hard workouts and love to sweat, so wondering if you saw results with these. My goal is to lean out and really tone that lower body and I will be starting to do alot of jogging during the week and wonder if these will be a good compliment to training for half marathon??

Thanks!

These workouts will compliment your training for a marathon. MIS has a step warm up then you do a series of leg exercises (both on and off the step). The weights used are heavy. The leg segment in this workout is the longest by far. PH uses a little lighter weights, but there are many more reps. The lunges in this workout are killer! The entire workout itself is very challenging. To me it has the toughest chest segment in all Cathe's workouts. I think BM has the best step routine going. The moves are powerful and not dancy. Plus, there are about five power circuits that include some sort of leg exercise (squats, lunges etc.) The ab routine in BM is awesome.
Susan C.M.

PH is muscle endurance to the max. For me it is harder to do than, say, ME or the endurance work in Body Max. This would be good for that leaning out goal of yours.

Those tough step circuits in Body Max would also be good for lower body training. A step routine, then standing leg work with light weights, similar to those in CTX-Power Circuits. I use the circuits in BM then those in CTX-PC for lower body toning AND a cardio blast.

MIS is a good complement to other strength workouts like PS and PUB. I've been able to go heavier over the course of almost two years rotating MIS with Cathe's other strength and endurance workouts.

Pinky

All three of these workouts are really tough, and since they're endurance workouts they should get you in great shape for a half- marathon. They don't have the fun factor for me as her later workouts do, but you picked a great DVD for your needs! So often runners overlook strength training and it's very important and beneficial to running.

Its a keeper! I am going to order it right now along with Hardcore Extreme!! Can't resist getting something from the pre-sale, plus my shipping will be free on that one dvd than! :)

Reba...as I already posted in the daily check-in...this DVD is a great choice for you. Pinky hit it right on the head with her descriptions! I have run 12 marathons and I know strength training with Cathe has really benefited me. When is your half? Did you check out any tips at www.coolrunning.com or www.runnersworld.com ? They have some great training advice!!....:)...Carole

I love all the workouts on this DVD. As a matter of fact I did MIS this morning. It has a super long glute and leg section...about 25 minutes.

Body Max is a very challenging and a lot of fun!

Power Hour is also a great muscle endurance workout.

By the way, the ab sections on all of these are very challengin as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.