Reflections on Leaner Legs and the value of variety!

WRITER

Cathlete
There have been a lot of posts discussing various lower body workouts, and I am one who often writes of the virtues of L & G over LL. I hadn't done LL in several months, and yesterday I needed a short but intense workout. I grabbed LL, and I loved doing it! I'm definately stronger than I used to be, so I didn't feel the same dread I used to. I just realized how helpful it is to me to have a variety of workouts, I often let my mood guide me. If I feel bored, I grab Boot Camp for the variety within the workout. If I feel low on energy, I grab Supersets. If I feel energetic, I grab IMAX2 or one of the many circuit workouts I love. This helps me stay motivated. Yesterday, I was pressed for time, couldn't bear to face any biceps or triceps, but wanted to work lower body, thus LL! I'm going to put LL back into my 'rotations.' (I don't actually have set rotations, just a pattern back and forth between strength and cardio, or circuits and all cardio). I'm thankful Cathe provides a great blend between familiarity and yet so much variety!

I agree with you! LL is a fantastic workout and I appreciate that Cathe has provided us with such variety to fit not only our rotations but our moods!! :) Sometimes when I'm really pressed for time and want to do legs I too grab LL or if I have even less time - I reach for legs on MIS which is only about 18 minutes. :) :) It's nice when an older video becomes a fresh new workout! :)

Jo

RE: Reflections on Leaner Legs and the value of variety...

I agree! I recently started a part-time job with feast- or famine-type hours. I'm currently doing an S&H rotation (one body part per week), but needed to skip a couple of days last week. So yesterday I made up those days by doing bi's, tri's and chest from PUB, and Step Blast - Combo#2 thru the cooldown (about 40 min). Today, BC was up but I was feeling a bit run down and decided to do HSTA instead, subbing in more leg work for the upper body parts I worked yesterday.

I love the way home workouts provide endless variety and the ability to choose workouts at my own convenience. And since DVD's came on the market, the choices are almost endless!

I know Susan, what did we do before DVD???? It has totally changed how I workout! :)

Jo

I really like LL as well...though I don't have L&G to compare it to...yet! I just think LL is a good, short but super intense and targeted work out for the legs. I have been trying to put it into my rotation once per week...

Hurts so good! x( :p

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~
Due Date: 5/19/05

http://www.bullmarketer.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/Sports/exercise/thumb_exercise15.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.