power hour

saralh

Cathlete
Do I NEED a barbell for Power Hour, or can I substitute with dumbells? Thanks for your help! I bought Power Hour but have yet to try it... I'm used to the Firm videos, but am looking VERY forward to trying this video.

I'm sure you'll still get a challenging workout even if you use dumbells. As long as your form is good & the weights are challenging enough, you'll be fine. Power Hour is an excellent workout, very popular here on the forum. Always leaves me sore... the static lunges get me every time

marnie

I recommend buying the barbell.You will see incredible reults.I noticed much more definition after I started doing Power Hour and I also do Powebar Training.The bar works.

You will LOVE Power Hour. The music, the tempo, and the results are without a doubt the best!

I give this workout an A++++++++!

And I don't think you would need a barbell, although I would suggest purchasing one at some point. I did and find the barbell my most invaluable piece of workout equipment (aside from my Step Box).

Where did you buy your barbell? How many plates do you have, what weight are they, etc.... thanks so much for your help!

Barbell Info

I purchased one barbell from <<<GASP>>>> the Firm! Great Evil Workouts that people here love to make fun of like lemmings! Not all, make fun, mind you, just the lemmings.

It is padded and my favorite.

I also purchased a barbell from GNC -- which I use for upper body work.

That way I can keep two barbells loaded -one for lower body (padded Firm) and one for upper body (which I load at about 25 pounds).

I have such an assortment of plates, I can't answer your second question except to say that for Lower Body I load the barbell at 45 to 55 pounds and the Upper body at 15 to 25 pounds. I tend to be VERY weak in the biceps and shoulders and VERY strong in the triceps and back.

Hope this helps!

Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.