Ordered P90X today

R_A_C_H

Cathlete
Hi,
After reading all the posts I could find about it I have finally decided to get it. I have the Slim Series from BB and hated it. Never got into it. Found it dull. But a lot of posts on this board gave P90X such glowing recommendations and they all came from Catheites! Kathryn's posts were particularly convincing.
I'm kind of intimidated though because I can't do even one pull up ( tried the tower at the gym ... it's a basic tower not the gravity assisted ones )and can't do push ups from my toes ( but those I'm confident I can work up to ... by doing them straight leg and pushing off of the stairs ... I'm weak at the bottom of the move !!! )
So if anyone has any suggestions on how to work up to pull ups...TIA!!!

You will get results from this program. My only advice on the pull-ups is take it one pull-up at a time and he suggest how you can use a chair to help assist you. I've gone through the program and I still needed a chair to help assist me, although my quantity of pull-ups did increase. Have fun sweatin out!

Congrats on your purchase! This is an awesome series and I'm looking forwards to other's suggestions (esp. Kathyrn's) about putting together a Hardcore/P90X rotation when the time comes. This series will give you awesome upper body strength. Unfortunately, I don't have any tips on the pull ups. He shows modifications and I still cheat and use my feet, but I know in good time I'll get there. BTW, I don't have a pull up tower. I stole the trapeze bar off my kids swing set and had DH hang it from the basement ceiling. Works great!

I never did get with the pull-ups - partly because I didn't have a way to do them (DH said the door gym wouldn't work on our door) and partly because I have an elbow issue. However, with that said, I did greatly improve my push-up ability amongst other improvements. So regardless of what you do, you will improve if you give it your all!

Jo

The Door Gym won't work for all doors? What did you do instead for back? What's a good resistance level for the tubes then?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.