Opinions please! Intensity Bootcamp or Drill Max??

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to purchase one of these bootcamp workouts for my rotation in a few weeks. Please give an honest opinion on which one you would recommend and why.

**I need to pace myself and can only order ONE. So please do not say "get both!". I know I will eventually have them both in my collection ;)**

Pls & thx!

Natasha

In my opinion, Drill Max is a tougher workout with longer cardio bursts and more effective toning. But it's also fifteen minutes longer in length. If I could only have one of them, I'd go with Drill Max. Even if you choose to do the premix of just the strength components, you still get a decent workout of reasonable length.

My vote is for DrillMax. Its challenging yet so much fun and there are a lot of great premixes on that one.

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to purchase one of these bootcamp workouts for my rotation in a few weeks. Please give an honest opinion on which one you would recommend and why.

**I need to pace myself and can only order ONE. So please do not say "get both!". I know I will eventually have them both in my collection ;)**

Pls & thx!

Natasha

Natasha,

I suppose you are talking about the old bootcamp from intensity series. I am voting for it. It is very challenging you get very good premixes for various circuit interval. You actually get more solid workout from it than from Drill max....
I have both (have not tried drill max yet :cool:) and If i was in your shoes I would opt for bootcamp.

All the best in your decision making!

Nathalie

Nathalie made a good point - the Intensity Series Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance. At first I was thinking the Intensity workout that has the Bootcamp segment.

I love both for different reasons - and I like Drill Max better, and I actually think it's harder. It has a different formula; it is heavier in the weights aspect and the cardio is more interesting.

You'll love it, Tasha!

If I could only choose 1 I would choose Bootcamp. It's one of my favorites and is actually the one I use every holiday-I do it first thing in the morning and feel totally pumped the rest of the day. So it's special to me in that way. It's got a bit of everything in it, doesn't take a ton of equipment and it's fun using the medicine ball!

Beth

ps. Don't get me wrong...I have Drill Max too and love the double cardio premix for a calorie torch session!

I love both, but I prefer drill max. I reach for it more times than boot camp. Having said that however, I LOVE muscle endurance and since you get that with boot camp I'd recommend getting the intensity dvd.

Bootcamp.. more fun it is hard but drill max I dread. I don't know why it just seems to go on and on.
Bootcamp has ME and nice premixs!

Thanks everyone!

Wow, the vote seems to be split. I forgot to mention that I will be getting a download and that the Intensity Series is hard to make premixes in the blender with (I've tried with Imax2 & ME and it's not chaptered correctly :(). However Drill Max should be chaptered well :).

FYI, I have ME on download, so Bootcamp is a separate download.

Keep the votes coming!

I have both and vote for Drill Max. It is a tougher workout with a lot of variety. Cathe really doesn't have another workout quite like it so it is a good one to add to your collection. It also gets my vote as one of the more fun workouts. I don't think you'll regret it, and you might find Bootcamp kind of easy after Crossfire.

Drill Max vote here!! If you have never done it, you will love it. Great workout as a whole, and awesome premixes (or I guess premix material since you will be downloading it). There is a cardio/drill segment with the ball that is just so much fun! And the music and energy are super!

Download file

Thanks everyone!

Wow, the vote seems to be split. I forgot to mention that I will be getting a download and that the Intensity Series is hard to make premixes in the blender with (I've tried with Imax2 & ME and it's not chaptered correctly :(). However Drill Max should be chaptered well :).

FYI, I have ME on download, so Bootcamp is a separate download.

Keep the votes coming!

Hi Natasha,

I now see your dilemna between both Drill max and Bootcamp on a different perspective knowing your are getting the download file. I do not do downloads and I am not very keen. Yes instant access to the file, shipping cost non-existent etc but I am missing out on premixes...Plus I have tried to get my head around the blender and it seems my current system is not compatible. I gave up...May be I need to get back and look into it properly :cool:

:):):)

My vote today goes for Bootcamp. I did Drill Max only once or twice a few years ago and don't tend to think about putting it in a rotation. It seems like Drill Max required a lot of room which I didn't have back then. Plus Drill Max is longer than an hour and I like to keep my workouts to an hour. I love Bootcamp because it is only an hour and I really burn a lot of calories and feel totally wiped out when I'm done. I'm surprised at all the votes for Drill Max and it makes me want to try it again on a weekend when I have more time. I'm kind of excited to try it again because it will be like a "new" workout. So in other words, my vote might change after I do Drill Max again!

Hi, DrillMax vote here great work out, lots of variety, has a fun factor for me, and lots of great premixes. oh I love the music too!

Bri:)

Update on my comments. Did Drill Max yesterday. It is actually 76.5 min long not 72 as listed. I did enjoy it, probably more "fun" than boot camp, but space was still an issue for me. Also the stability ball touched my ceiling when I raise it overhead. None of the issues were that big of a deal. Also I remembered another reason why I probably avoided this workout over the years - it has step in it. Now I can do that (my cats probably could so that's not saying much), but I do think the step coupled with space issues is why I voted for boot camp. Boot camp in on tap tomorrow and I feel a bit of dread because it was so hard for me last time, but I need that. If I had more space and time I'd for sure do Drill Max more often, seems like it could be more fun.

7badkitties,
first, your avatar pic is just precious.

Anyhoo, I also don't have the room in my basement to raise my stability ball overhead without hitting the ceiling; I have to keep it about head height. Not a deal breaker, though, as you said.

Jenniferlove- thx for the comment on the pic! That was the day I officially became a crazy cat lady. Had 3 rescues, all was good. But then we agreed to foster 4 kittens that were not in a good situation. Thought we'd foster until they were all healthy and old enough to adopt out. That was 8 years ago. We couldn't give them up, so we are foster failures! The one in the pic is Angel (joke was on me when I named her that). They are as bad as they are cute!

Did Boot Camp this morning and I can't believe how much easier it was for me since the last time I did it. I think that must be from having done CF & TTM so much. I still like the format of Boot Camp over Drill Max. I like knowing it was just one minute of each exercise. Boot Camp was 59.5 minutes not 58 though, still under an hour so I like that. My vote still stays with Boot Camp because of time, space and format. I've not done the premixes on Drill Max and I will now because of what others have said. So I'll stop rambling and some day try some Drill Max premixes! I love all my Cathe workouts, choosing between these 2 was harder than I thought. It would be like picking between CF and TTM, each time I do one I love it and think "now that's the one I like best" and then I change my mind when I do the other one! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.