Opinions of Gym-Style Legs?

red_mct

Cathlete
Ok, I am dying to know: how does it compare to the existing lower body workouts? Is it better, the same, just different? Are we required to jump off tall buildings with a single bound (then step, repeat)?? :) :)

Thanks for any feedback, this is the one I am dying to buy!

Cheers,
Marie

I did it yesterday....WOW!!!!! It's like L&G INTENSIFIED!!! Or maybe a mixture of L&G and LL. I really liked it and feel it now in my hamstrings. I liked the use of the band, but for me when doing the inner and outer thigh work with the band it'll take a bit of time for the coordination..:)...the time really moved along well and there are a few new moves along with squats and lunges. If you like Cathes leg workouts I would say this one is a must!...:)...Carole

I only previewed the floor work last night. It looks great and incorporates the stability ball in many ways.

My question now is, is this one at a faster pace. I really like the slow pace of S&H, and was hoping for something similar? Not that I don't like LL & L&G.
Diane Sue

I have only previewed this one but I have to say it looks like the most thorough lower body workout Cathe has done to date. It will be a new classic.

It is the PS legs for the new millenium: PS legs reloaded! Kind of a combination of PS legs with the focussed attention to each muscle in the floorwork a la PLB.

It has standing and floor work, no muscle left unburned. Some of Cathe's crew are losing form by the end because it is so tough, especially the floor work with it's intense focus on the intricacies of every muscle using the band and stability ball.

The standing work includes all the traditional exercises we come to expect, squats, lunges, plie squats, deadlifts, calf raises. But Cathe puts a new twist on every single one of them and vaaries the tempos for more excrutiating burns in the muscle.

I like the fact that at one point, when the going gets tough, Cathe swears to you that it's just as tough for them as it is for us, she's sweating right along with us.

However, nearing the end of the floorwork she becomes completely demonic with a witchy cackle because she knows how hard this is and she 'aint about to let up any time soon! Crack that whip Cathe!!!

I've just found my new favourite lower body workout.

Clare

Just adding to Clare's assessment. I only did the Standing Legs portion this morning as I had done the first 5 intervals of Imax 3. She uses the dynaband for leg presses, you do deadlifts with your toes on 3 lb weights and then you do stiff legged deadlifts standing on the high step topper (at 6" not 14"!). The barbell is only used on squats and deadlifts and the rest use dumbbells except for the leg presses. The slow lunges at the end of this section wiped me out and so decided to save the floor work with the ball for tomorrow! The pace really varies on these exercises - many different speeds.

Jo

Hi All,

Could you please tell me what size weights Cathe uses in Gym Style Legs? Does she ever exceed 40 lbs? Because that would be so cool if she does :)

Thanks,
Faiza

> Hi All,
>
> Could you please tell me what size weights Cathe uses in Gym
>Style Legs? Does she ever exceed 40 lbs? Because that would
>be so cool if she does :)
>
> Thanks,
> Faiza
>
>
>

No, she does not, but not that it can't be done. I could have gone up in weight for the squats.

I did this workout along with the first 4 intervals of Lowmax two days ago. I was sore yesterday, big time.

Which weight did you use for squats? I used 20 yesterday, and I, too, felt that I could have definitely gone higher, because I my quads and hamstrings are only slightly sore. My calfs, though, are extremely sore, but I'm strangely satisfied with that.

Chiquita

I used 40lb barbell. I kept everything at what Cathe used, because previewed the workout while doing it.

My legs weren't sore the first day after, but the second day after.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.